Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get a Indian heel shifter and was told by my dealer that they didn't have any and didn't know when they would be available. They also told me that many accessories were not available as yet. I also know that the new Desert Tan leather is not available as far as any leather options and wouldn't be till the end of October. I understand about the new leather but I thought that the heal shifters have been out for a few months. I called the NC Dealer and was told the same thing, they were trying to sell me the Aeromach heel shifter but I personally want my heel shifter to match the front.

Has anyone ordered the Indian heel shifter and has it? If so, do you know of a dealer that has them?

Thanks

·
Founding member
950 Posts
The dealer told me the same thing. Aeromach requires you to move the floorboard out. Wanted the Indian because no relocating floorboard needed. Some things take time for dealer to get. Only another month or so and Wi. riding season done will have to wait till spring. They offered to call me when it arrives. Getting used to not having it. but still miss heel shifter.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just so you know, I use the Aeromach (with the floorboard moved outward) and love it, no discernable difference in cornering, etc.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I read several posts about how people like their Aeromach heal shifters but I will probably want to change out the shift stems in the future so that's why I wanted the Indian one.

I haven't heard of anyone that has the Indian shifter yet so maybe their not available from Indian like so many other accessories in their 2015 high dollar, wish book.

I read another post about dealers not having the new accessories so, I guess I will have to wait for Indian to manage their suppliers and get them in, sometime ...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I ordered one and was told told fall delivery...perhaps before December...perhaps not. My passenger backrest took about 6 months after I ordered in last august so I am not holding my breath. The aeromach looks nice but I don't think it matches the look of the stock controls which is why I am willing to wait for the Polaris version.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All FYI,

I called Indian CS and was told the shifters were on back-order now and they may have them in stock, late October. I also asked her about the Indian site, store and if one could order from it.

She told me that customers can order "accessories only" directly on the site but any "repair parts" needed to be ordered through a dealer. I was on their site and have an account and I told her that there wasn't a "buy" button once you had the shifter up. She said that anything that was in a "backorder status" would not accept a sale until the item is in stock. I checked a couple of other items that did show a "Buy" button so one could order those items.

I certainly understand what Indian is going through, having a new product out and all the things they need to manage during this time. I'm also sure that in the future they will fill the pipeline and the options will be readily available.

I'm going riding and get used to the toe shifter only because this is such a Great Machine !!!

MillChief

·
Registered
105 Posts
Might want to call Indian of Erie as I was talking to Wrobo on Saturday as I believe he said they had Indian heel/toe shifter...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts