Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can access the war bonnet cable connector that is tucked behind the fairing on a RM by removing the headlight. I'm trying to get to the war bonnet cable/connector in order to disconnect it so I can take a look at the underneath of the front fender and undercoat it. I can route the cable up into the fairing but that's it, it appears to be secured somewhere up in the fairing. Ive seen a few videos on removing/disconnecting the cable, but the connector in the videos appears in plain sight.

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Remove the plastic trim piece that is around the headlight, and the connector is easy to access from there.

Reactions: MPSSOUTCAN

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '18 Chieftain Elite that came without the war bonnet light. I recently bought one to put on my bike. I've removed the headlight bezel as has been suggested on some of these posts, but could not locate the war bonnet plug in. Someone else told me I would have to remove the whole fairing to find the cord. Searching for some further help. Thanks for any assistance!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
It’s tucked (maybe zip-tied) somewhere in there, it’s a fairly small plug with 2 22ga wires going to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts