Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if I am the only one waiting for accessories. I am still waiting on two items that I ordered February 3rd. when I purchased a 2014 Chief Vintage. I ordered a luggage rack that attaches to the passenger back rest and a set of chrome foot peg mounts. I was originally told that they would be available in in March, March came and then I was told April then so on and so on and Its May 26th and I still don't have them. Is anyone out there having the same problem??? I have a hard time believing that they are not available yet.

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
Yup, my original order had it then the dealer went bust right after he got the passenger back rest in. Had to go to Ocala Indian and pay $250 a second time for the luggage rack and that was back in March. Still not luggage rack nor an estimated date of arrival. I can't say I'm real happy about it but have no other choice. I do hope it comes in before the 2015's arrive on scene.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My dealer said 2-3 more weeks on luggage rack. I ordered it a month ago. You been waiting 4 months! That is unacceptable, They must be teaching some kid how to weld. Considered asking for my money back. But really want the thing. I work in power engineering and know good welders are hard to find. Got the rest of my parts. Has anybody got the repair manual? $140 but I do all my own repairs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I ordered the luggage rack last November and received it last weekend. They are starting to come now. The dealer also had the service manual on the shelf so I picked it up at the same time.

It was amazing that Polaris brought the 3 Indian models from scratch to production in 2.5 years including an awesome new engine. They also had the accessories all planned out. (note the dimples on the bike showing where to drill for things like saddle bag racks, lowers, rear and front mud flaps etc) Then it takes in excess of 7 more months just to manufacture accessories.

My thought is that they are very busy using their year after the introduction in concentrating their design efforts in getting new models ready for show at Sturgis this year. Who knows what else may be announced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. I feel a little better knowing they are actually going to make the things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts