Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install my RAM cell phone mount and GPS on my 2017 Roadmaster handlebar. I've never opened the fairing before. Before I go mucking around blindly, can anyone point to a resource showing how and where to access 12v, for wiring accessories?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a plug on the right side of the 2017 fairing. Pull off the rubber plug, and a connector is stuck in it. What is it for? It is a four wire connector, and I'm not sure if Indian has a mod for it that would go back in place of the rubber plug.
Does anyone know about this connector, and plug?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just used it - it's for the garage door opener

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your garage door opener is wired into your bike?
Which wires did you connect? Did you cut off the connector?

Does anyone know what Indians intent is for this connector?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I didn't cut the end off the connector, and I already answered your question.... That connector IS SPEFICALLY for their garage door opener. It has a matching 4 pin connector and after you connect it, it snaps into the horizontal hole.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your garage door opener is wired into your bike?
Which wires did you connect? Did you cut off the connector?

I bought 1 with my 2017 RoadMaster. Plug & Play, programming it is another story. It is not cheap (like most Indian accessories)
The range is better than the remotes that came with my devices and it is very sensitive. It is a little bit of trouble to get used to where it is at without looking for it when you are moving.
Here is a link
Fairing Mount Garage Door Opener | Indian Motorcycle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts