Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<pre>I love this, the first line is hilarious!... Page 75 of the Indian Riders Manual.

WARNING!
Accelerating abruptly could cause your body to shift
rearward suddenly, which could result in loss of control. Accelerating
abruptly could also cause loss of control on low traction surfaces.
Loss of control could result in serious injury or death. Always
accelerate gradually, especially on wet, slippery or other low traction
surfaces.

</pre>

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's good to know. I'll be careful from now on. Actually I think that's what my Mom was trying to tell me 55 years ago. She just didn't put it that way.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These newer bikes running the 'Fly By Wire' throttle systems, have a whole new world opened up to them. Adjustable response levels, traction control, cruise control, and more. I truly hope that Indian and Victory will be paying attention to what BMW has offered on some of their bikes. On some of these new BMWs, you have to disable the traction control in order to scratch a tire, or pull the front wheel.
It will not be long before all large bikes have this mandatory.
EASY

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Page 76...'failure to practice and perfect the art of hard acceleration could cause your balls to shrivel up and fall off.'

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
11588 said:
That's good to know. I'll be careful from now on. Actually I think that's what my Mom was trying to tell me 55 years ago. She just didn't put it that way.
I think it was
'You'll shoot your eye out!!'

sorry had to do it,,, wrong forum, right season

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
19655 said:
These newer bikes running the 'Fly By Wire' throttle systems, have a whole new world opened up to them. Adjustable response levels, traction control, cruise control, and more. I truly hope that Indian and Victory will be paying attention to what BMW has offered on some of their bikes. On some of these new BMWs, you have to disable the traction control in order to scratch a tire, or pull the front wheel.
Wonderful... more non-user-servicable things to fail. I can fix a throttle cable or limp home with an improvised throttle. TBW fails and guess what? TOW TRUCK to the dealer.

Traction control on a 75 HP 800+ lb motorcycle? Oh yeah, you need that.... What's next? A throttle buffer to keep you from rapidly applying the throttle? Wouldn't want to slide back on the seat and be injured or killed.

Fellas, what ever happened to LEARN TO RIDE? Yeah... what we need is more electronics THAT WE PAY FOR to protect us from ourselves since we're too freakin' stupid to control a motorcycle.

I am so happy that my bike is older, built before closed loop, IAV, speed governors... Sometimes less is more.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
19938 said:
I think it was
'You'll Poke your eye out!!'

sorry had to do it,,, wrong forum, right season
You'll shoot your eye out.

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/ppOXpyhM2wA?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

I got one for Christmas on my 10th birthday.
A few days later I had a BB ricochet back at me hitting my cheek just under my eye.

My first self taught lesson in gun safety.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yupity yupity, for an extra 2k you can get the biker starter kit, chaps , vest , tanktop, worn jeanes , boots ( all distressed for an extera 500.0) cell phone interface, cool biker name, your choice of lick and stick tatoos, all delivered to your home or office ( within 50 miles, or extra charge will apply)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
692 said:
Wonderful... more non-user-servicable things to fail. I can fix a throttle cable or limp home with an improvised throttle. TBW fails and guess what? TOW TRUCK to the dealer.

Traction control on a 75 HP 800+ lb motorcycle? Oh yeah, you need that.... What's next? A throttle buffer to keep you from rapidly applying the throttle? Wouldn't want to slide back on the seat and be injured or killed.

Fellas, what ever happened to LEARN TO RIDE? Yeah... what we need is more electronics THAT WE PAY FOR to protect us from ourselves since we're too freakin' stupid to control a motorcycle.

I am so happy that my bike is older, built before closed loop, IAV, speed governors... Sometimes less is more.
Still buying stock in that Buggy Whip Company?

You learn to ride on dirt bikes.
You learn to point a 800 pound bike while in your midlife crisis, because that's finally when you can afford one.

I would of course prefer to have the ability to disable traction control on my motorcycle the same as I can in my car.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found this one in my CCT owners manual.
The government in California are paranoid.
Is it referring to the Bike or the Exhaust... or when you sh't yourself, because of the acceleration?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WARNING: SHOWERING IS A HAZARDOUS ACTIVITY. SLIPPING AND FALLING HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO HAPPEN WHILE SHOWERING. THIS ACTIVITY SHOULD ONLY BE CONDUCTED WITH PROPER SAFETY TECHNOLOGY IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOU FROM THE HAZARDS OF SHOWERING.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I to have to admitt that as technology advances we become a slave to it ! The day of independent thought is quikly disappearing! More and more people take the bait every day as they sucume to the treny version of life in a bubble! I wish you all the best!
When I go out there aint going to be much left anyway
If you choose the lifestyle of letting technology piont your way , enjoy it and have fun but please don, t take our freedom away with more freaking guidlines and saftey laws! If you want all the bangles stay in your cage!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not that those who most need to read that far but I've taught 2 people to ride (way back on my AR75) & despite very similar & clear warnings BOTH tried to accelerate too fast, slid. Back in the seat causing them to clamp down on the grips - yup opening up the throttle further, popping a wheelie & losing the bike!! I've also seen it a time or two at demo events. My little monster made it through with no noticeable damage but I wouldn't want to see it happen to my XR!

I'm a huge fan of having folks start off learning to ride on dirt bikes & graduating up with experience. I did get a GREAT deal on my 1200 bandit years ago though after some guy bought it as his first bike & scared himself silly on it. Picked it up for a song, replaced some plastic, rode it a few years & made a pile on the sale!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
9222 said:
I found this one in my CCT owners manual.
The government in California are paranoid.
Is it referring to the Bike or the Exhaust... or when you sh't yourself, because of the acceleration?
It only causes cancer in California, I sure am glad that I dont live there

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...damn personal injury lawyers...verbiage like both comments referenced begins when people that can't be responsible for themselves try to blame someone else for their stupidity...remember the 'I scaled my groin because I put a hot cxup of McDonalds coffee between my legs ' lawsuit...if not, read your to go coffee cup and lid at any drive thru...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
10233 said:
remember the 'I scaled my groin because I put a hot cup of McDonalds coffee between my legs ' lawsuit...if not, read your to go coffee cup and lid at any drive thru...
Look up that suit. That lady PROVED that McDonalds had the temp of the coffee pots turned way up, against the advice of the manufacturer, to make coffee go further. That lady was terribly burned... the coffee had no reason to be that hot... we do not expect coffee we buy to be that hot.

https://www.ttla.com/index.cfm?pg=McDonaldsCoffeeCaseFactsRead it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
692 said:
WARNING: SHOWERING IS A HAZARDOUS ACTIVITY. SLIPPING AND FALLING HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO HAPPEN WHILE SHOWERING. THIS ACTIVITY SHOULD ONLY BE CONDUCTED WITH PROPER SAFETY TECHNOLOGY IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOU FROM THE HAZARDS OF SHOWERING.
That's why you should never shower alone.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts