Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is there such a thing? After I changed slip on mufflers from the Vance & Hines to the RC Componets I have noticed on heavy throttle from 4th into 5tf ill get a pop on occasion. My set up is Stage 2 cams PVCX , canned Craig B tune, decatted stock head pipe lloydz air intake and RCX slipons

·
Registered
21 Posts
So is there such a thing? After I changed slip on mufflers from the Vance & Hines to the RC Componets I have noticed on heavy throttle from 4th into 5tf ill get a pop on occasion. My set up is Stage 2 cams PVCX , canned Craig B tune, decatted stock head pipe lloydz air intake and RCX slipons
I have a 15 RM and with the big bore kit and factory stage 2 exhaust and I have always experienced popping between shifts on moderately accelerating, it’s caused by cold air being drawn back into the hot system with just the right amount of unburdened fuel

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Recently completed the stage 2 cams and have I/P stage 1 muffs, Wimmer A/C, PV3 also with canned FM/GraigB tune. I get an occasional decel pop, and will get a rare pop when when up shifting. Up shift pop is between gears when I change gears slowly, and as said it is rare.

One more good thing about the stage 2, I no longer get the annoying ting ting ting sound of the exhaust prior to full operating temp.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I get popping sometimes, usually when I'm just floating on the throttle riding with slowish traffic. I've got AC and Stg1 pipes, 558 cams, PVCX with a CraigB tune.

I've not noticed it when changing up, but I've still got the original cat so that might make a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts