Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - not looking to stir anything up here. I am just curious if anyone else who has an Indian may be seeing the same thing I am. When I start my bike, I see the normal lights come on for a split second, but for some reason my ABS light stays lit up (yellow)... By the time I reach the end of my driveway, the light is back out again, but it does stay on until I start rolling a bit.

I know there was someone else on here who posted about their ABS light, but I wasn't sure if they're senario was quite like mine... The light hasn't stopped me from riding, as it always goes out by the time I drive just a little ways, and my brakes seem to be working just fine... I'm just sorta curious if maybe its a sensor or something that I may need to pay more attention to?

Thanks in advance for any input into this mystery for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
18515 said:
Okay - not looking to stir anything up here. I am just curious if anyone else who has an Indian may be seeing the same thing I am. When I start my bike, I see the normal lights come on for a split second, but for some reason my ABS light stays lit up (yellow)... By the time I reach the end of my driveway, the light is back out again, but it does stay on until I start rolling a bit.

I know there was someone else on here who posted about their ABS light, but I wasn't sure if they're senario was quite like mine... The light hasn't stopped me from riding, as it always goes out by the time I drive just a little ways, and my brakes seem to be working just fine... I'm just sorta curious if maybe its a sensor or something that I may need to pay more attention to?

Thanks in advance for any input into this mystery for me.
On a Victory, the light stays on (showing you that ABS is not active) until you reach 6MPH. At 6MPH and above, the ABS becomes active and the light goes out telling you the system is prepared to 'go to work' if need be...

I would assume it's similar on your Indian...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's referenced in the Rider Manual as normal. As I stated in my review, ABS is inactive below 6MPH, which is consistant with the light turning off. I noticed the same thing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does help to read the 'f'n' manual (RTFM)...

I finally spent some time doing that last night as I was searching for the security code issue. I did see the part about the ABS not being active below 6MPH. Sorry for the noobie question

1 - 8 of 8 Posts