Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Key to loudest pipes on Springfield?

I've been bidding my time (wife) for the last couple years and letting our finances fall into place, and we are finally to that point, I also anticipate a raise in about a month so let's leave it at, I'm bringing a Springfield home soon.

Love the Springfield, it's exactally what I wanted and made me forget all about the vintage. I am not entirely sure which color I want yet but Ive been leaning towards red. I do believe I know what upgrades I would want right away. Most likely the trunk for my wife ( I'd be happy with the sissy bar backrest obviously, so that's 3k right there. After that I want
-Ape hangers:
-Stage 1 pipes/ slip on exhaust/ true duals
-Windscreen - Need to cut down that GIANT wind screen

Basically those are the necessities for what I "need". I like my bikes to be loud, and I've gotten really used to it, even the after market pipes I've heared really aren't all that impressive considering it's 111ci Of power. My 1100cc 98 Virago is louder than all I've headed, that's also including most Harley's.

What's the loudest set up available for the Indians, specifically the Springfield?

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
If you're wanting a true dual exhaust system, you'll have to completely change-out the factory OEM exhaust system on the Springfield. I believe Freedom Performance Exhaust makes a true dual exhaust system for the Indian models. Otherwise, you'll still have several other options with the factory OEM header pipes to not only increase the overall loudness but to also enhance the performance of the bike as well. I have a 2016 Springfield with; TAB Performance 4" B.A.M. slip-on mufflers w/Zombie removable baffles. I also changed out the factory air filter assembly with a new Lloydz Arrowhead air filter. However and more importantly so, to make the bike run even better and maximize the performance of the modifications I installed a Dynojet Power Vision-CX flash tuner (a must have tool/device) which you are probably going to want somewhere later on down the road after getting your new Springfield. You should checkout the forums here, there are many post regarding your question on the exhaust systems, plus several aftermarket vendors have threads here on the website too. Just click on the FORUMS above to start a search and explore all that is here on the site, with a month before purchasing your new bike so read up and enjoy!

Attachments

·
Rider
380 Posts
And if you do go with PV-CX make sure you buy from Fuel Moto NOT from Dynojet !! FM set ups are AWESOME !! But You can still download Dynojet . But unless You buy from Fuelmoto You can't down load their set ups

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And if you do go with PV-CX make sure you buy from Fuel Moto NOT from Dynojet !! FM set ups are AWESOME !! But You can still download Dynojet . But unless You buy from Fuelmoto You can't down load their set ups

I just did a little tease arch on this tuner so I have an idea, but what exactally is that going to do for me. What's all to gain?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're wanting a true dual exhaust system, you'll have to completely change-out the factory OEM exhaust system on the Springfield. I believe Freedom Performance Exhaust makes a true dual exhaust system for the Indian models. Otherwise, you'll still have several other options with the factory OEM header pipes to not only increase the overall loudness but to also enhance the performance of the bike as well. I have a 2016 Springfield with; TAB Performance 4" B.A.M. slip-on mufflers w/Zombie removable baffles. I also changed out the factory air filter assembly with a new Lloydz Arrowhead air filter. However and more importantly so, to make the bike run even better and maximize the performance of the modifications I installed a Dynojet Power Vision-CX flash tuner (a must have tool/device) which you are probably going to want somewhere later on down the road after getting your new Springfield. You should checkout the forums here, there are many post regarding your question on the exhaust systems, plus several aftermarket vendors have threads here on the website too. Just click on the FORUMS above to start a search and explore all that is here on the site, with a month before purchasing your new bike so read up and enjoy!

Do any of these aftermarket mods you have on your bike void the factory warranty?

·
Rider
380 Posts
HERK is Right there are alot of Forums that Discuss this You Shouldn't Rush into Mods without Reading these

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
The Dynojet Power Vision-CX is going to be able to help you get your engine to perform to the best of it's ability and enhance any of the specific (typical) modifications you happen to do with your Springfield, this goes for any of the Indian Thunder Stroke engine model(s) you may choose from. The Indian manufacturer's flash or mapping of the engine ECU performance is hindered by the federal regulations bestowed upon the industry and is limited to these restrictions. I other words or in the short of it all, the Dynojet will far out-reach and out perform any of the engine mappings the dealership can do for your machine regardless if your bike is just bone stock, heavily modified or anywhere in between. I highly recommend should you purchase a Dynojet PVCX flash tuner for your respective new bike, you do so from Fuel Moto. As far as warranty issues with a dealer, a lot depends on both how you approach this topic with the dealer, make sure you talk to all of the dealer(s) in your particular area. Before you buy, talk to the dealers in person and find out if any of their customers (previous buyers) have done modifications to their bikes, what type of modifications where done and/or any problems that may of occurred due to the modifications installed. This is a way to test a particular Indian dealerships' position on performing and maintaining modification verses your specific warranty. Again, my best advise to you right now is, jump into the forums here and start reading, exploring and of course ask questions when in doubt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts