Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Indian Motorcycles, and the customer service rep I spoke with asked me if I would come on here and relate to you what he told me.
First thing is he confirmed that Scout production has started back and that they are back shipping Scouts. I asked him if what I heard on here of all first runs delivered by end of February is true, once again he confirmed that they are shooting for that date.
He understands our concerns over non -communication on their part, he told me they are now communicating with their dealers every Tuesday, so call your dealers on Wednesdays.
I also told him about the emails that some got and others didnt, he stressed to me to ask you if anyone has not received your coupon email to please call customer service.
1-877-204-3697
A big thank you to Wes of customer service.
Secondly he could give me no date on when my Scout would be shipped. Yet he did verify my first run order is in their system.
If I can be of any further assistance let me know.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Heck! Does his area cover the lower South side,.... Like New Zealand and Australia? Have you got a number I can call over there to find out about us over, or down here? I am going to ring that customer service number also.
Alpal

Reactions: qbrees

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Q. I was one of the lucky ones to get my Scout in December but I appreciate you forwarding this information. I understand and empathize with the Scout buyers that have been patiently (AND not so patiently) waiting for their bikes, but I'm hoping that this update will help the waiting owners hang in there. AND I also hope that Indian keeps the communication flowing - it does wonders for morale.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Just read your message about the phone conversation you had with an Indian Motorcycles service rep. If it's true, great! However time will tell. If by the end of the month there is no progress made in delivering my bike, could be I will cut my losses & join the exodus. Now I don't take the idea of pulling the plug on the Scout lightly. In addition to the deposit, I figure I have another $900 in Indian branded clothes, and what with believing in their December delivery promise, I tried to get ahead of the maintenance curve so I have $160 in Scout Specific tools & $100+ in oil, filters etc. none of which would cross over to another brand. I only can hope this is not just another corporate ruse in an attempt to quell the unrest.

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Thank you for relaying this information to us. Good to hear the assembly line is giving birth again.

BUT... it would have been nice to read a post about this written by an Indian/Polaris rep. I don't think it's up to us to do their job.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
He didn't tell me all the issues but I gather the majority of issues was paint.
Is the paint problem specific to one colour( please note correct spelling:)) like red? Did he say?
Alpal

·
Founding Member
1,919 Posts
I just got off the phone with Indian Motorcycles, and the customer service rep I spoke with asked me if I would come on here and relate to you what he told me.
First thing is he confirmed that Scout production has started back and that they are back shipping Scouts. I asked him if what I heard on here of all first runs delivered by end of February is true, once again he confirmed that they are shooting for that date.
He understands our concerns over non -communication on their part, he told me they are now communicating with their dealers every Tuesday, so call your dealers on Wednesdays.
I also told him about the emails that some got and others didnt, he stressed to me to ask you if anyone has not received your coupon email to please call customer service.
1-877-204-3697
Secondly he could give me no date on when my Scout would be shipped. Yet he did verify my first run order is in their system.
Sweet! Shipping Scouts again, I love it! End of Feb., early March, no problem. Thanks Bro, that's great news. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just read your message about the phone conversation you had with an Indian Motorcycles service rep. If it's true, great! However time will tell. If by the end of the month there is no progress made in delivering my bike, could be I will cut my losses & join the exodus. Now I don't take the idea of pulling the plug on the Scout lightly. In addition to the deposit, I figure I have another $900 in Indian branded clothes, and what with believing in their December delivery promise, I tried to get ahead of the maintenance curve so I have $160 in Scout Specific tools & $100+ in oil, filters etc. none of which would not cross over to another brand. I only can hope this is not just another corporate ruse in an attempt to quell the unrest.
Is the paint problem specific to one colour( please note correct spelling:)) like red? Did he say?
Alpal
He didn't say Alpal.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1-877-204-3697
I'm working in Shreveport, La. and I'll be driving back to Houston tonight so I won't be able to reply to all right away. I will try to gather more info tomorrow.
Thanks Scott

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
He didn't say Alpal.
No sweat, three is my lucky number so I'm picking mid March, it being third month and all.
Alpal

Reactions: qbrees

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks Q for the updates - I will be calling the Customer Service # to let them know I was one of those who never got the email. Maybe getting back in their system again will help. If I get any other info from whomever I talk to tomorrow I will post here as well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Cindy
Thanks Q for the updates - I will be calling the Customer Service # to let them know I was one of those who never got the email. Maybe getting back in their system again will help. If I get any other info from whomever I talk to tomorrow I will post here as well.
I expressly asked of email for you Cindy. So they will be expecting your call. Lol

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Just read your message about the phone conversation you had with an Indian Motorcycles service rep. If it's true, great! However time will tell. If by the end of the month there is no progress made in delivering my bike, could be I will cut my losses & join the exodus. Now I don't take the idea of pulling the plug on the Scout lightly. In addition to the deposit, I figure I have another $900 in Indian branded clothes, and what with believing in their December delivery promise, I tried to get ahead of the maintenance curve so I have $160 in Scout Specific tools & $100+ in oil, filters etc. none of which would not cross over to another brand. I only can hope this is not just another corporate ruse in an attempt to quell the unrest.
Hang in there - I'm loving my scout and it would have been worth waiting a year.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think Indian has been pleasently surprised/caught off guard with all the damn orders coming in! I know a local dealer who is. This bike is such a huge success already. Yea, it's too bad a person can't just walk into a dealer to buy one, (or even see one in some cases) but like Rudy said, hang in there, it'll be worth it. When Victory came out, there were some of the same problems, so maybe it's just the Polaris mothership!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts