Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as a dual Indian owner, I've long noticed that the Scout riders had a different cause for riding than the "classic cruiser rider. unlike many other "entry" model buyers from other brands, the Scout had many owners that came from elsewhere on earth, and did not choose it because it's all they could afford. Compared to other entry levels from other brands. many bought the Scout because its what they wanted, Even though there are less expensive machines to be had.. that said, we move to the FTR.. not cheap, not entry, and a furthering of the Scout platform which brings me to the point. The FTR section is a COMPLETELY different place than anywhere else on this forum. I venture to say it's because it's a completely different bike and genre, So a different people will be attracted to this model and from many more different places.. quite neat to see. So,, let's have it..
Where on the globe are you from?

·
Silver member
4,832 Posts
I'm in Los Angeles, but I am from the Netherlands and my usuals riding was in Germany, Belgium, France, Austria, Italy...

If I had still lived in Europe I probably would have owned a Husqvarna Nuda 900 R (or two)... look it up, was never sold in the US.

I guess you know what kind of riding I like. :p

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm from New Zealand. I picked my R/R up this past Friday.
From the moment I saw the FTR750 in 2016 I lusted after it, to me it was a pure expression of a motorcycle on a level I'd not seen before. So when the 1200 was announced on October 1st here I was in the dealer paying the deposit at lunchtime!
After the 8 months wait my expectations have been exceeded. I love this thing, that motor is freaking addictive!
It's also something that really envokes feelings of Kando, I get a real buzz just standing back looking at it, it more time I look at it the more things I see. It fills me with joy. So much so that I'm modifying my lounge door so I can park it there admire it to my heart's content.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello! I'm French, born and raised in Belgium, lived in Canada where I became Canadian, then moved to France, Sweden and Belgium again... Until moving back to Canada eventually.
Started my bike life on a BMW, continued on various BMW until I discovered the FTR. And indeed, it's a completely different bike, that goes very well along the Beemers in the garage.

Braap!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Southern California in the hills West of the Temecula / Murrieta Valley.

Many things I really like about the FTR that to be honest were not expected, especially with a first edition. However the biggest surprise is just how incredibly tractable the motor is. No other high performance V-Twin (Ducati, Aprilia, Suzuki e.g.) that I've owned would pull smoothly out of the basement (2000 rpm )like the FTR. A real multiple personality engine.

·
Silver member
4,832 Posts
Yeah, the way the engine pulls strong all the way from the basement is phenomenal, especially for an engine that spins up so freely.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm in Illinois. Grew up on dirt bikes and sport bikes. Got scout in 16 then went chieftain darkhorse in 17 got the FTR for a play bike. It's close to my zrx but handles so much better. Should I guess 19 years newer. But I still enjoy the ZRX .

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m from Fife in Scotland just north of Edinburgh. Ordered my FTR in November when I first saw and sat on it at the British bike show in Birmingham.
We have some fantastic roads on our doorstep here and this bike is great on the twisty quite roads.
I came from adventure type bikes but this one was bought purely on looks and apart from some finger numbing vibes at 4-5000 rpm I really enjoy it.

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts
South Ga, (damn humidity) outta here one day when we toy hauler RV it in a few years. Born in Japan, dad was Air Force, so I'm an old air force brat.

Reactions: Jeff512

·
Registered
188 Posts
Colorado Springs Colorado
I came from sport bikes. Add to that a love for supermoto bikes and being a fan of flat track. The FTR is what you would get if a sport bike and a supermoto bike were to breed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’m from Fife in Scotland just north of Edinburgh. Ordered my FTR in November when I first saw and sat on it at the British bike show in Birmingham.
We have some fantastic roads on our doorstep here and this bike is great on the twisty quite roads.
I came from adventure type bikes but this one was bought purely on looks and apart from some finger numbing vibes at 4-5000 rpm I really enjoy it.
Hello Hut van, I eliminated those "finger numbing vibes" with this:
http://www.hvmp.com/14mmUniversal-s/46.htm

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all!
From France, the Alpes.
Living in the US since 2001, in Arizona now.
Ride Harley’s ( Sports, FLH ‘84,’03,’12), Buell’s (M2,XB9R,XB12X,1125R), KTM620, YZF426 Supermoto...love my FTR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
From Illinois here.

I’ve been a motorcycle addict since I was first taken on one by my grandpa as a kid and an American Flat Track fan after dragging me along for the first time. When Indian entered the game I loved the look of the FTR750. When the 1200 custom was shown I drooled and knew I had to get one if it became a production bike!

20190717-1G4A5328-Edit.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Krakow, Poland by way of NYC.
Got a custom Scout Bobber I just wrecked and an FTR 1200s
View attachment 519012 View attachment 519014
I love this lower pic like you like blue bikes!
The building is beautiful.
I get to see the blue skins.
The tables are vintage sewing machines that would be stolen in a minute here in the states.
And of course FTR.....
Cheers!

·
Bronze member
1,374 Posts
South Texas Coastal Plains. Long straight flat boring roads. Intresting places to ride around here are far away and few in between.

This is why I need a bigger bike with a better seat, bigger gas tank and a 6th gear. The Stratoliner just ain't cutting it anymore.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts