Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did some exhaust mods to my Roadmaster and decided to purchase a DynoJet PV3 to get the right tune. Craig from Fuel Moto sent me 2 tunes. I tried both and they inhibited my idle and the bike would die at full stops intermittently after warm up. When I let him know of my issues, he sent me 2 additional High Performance (HP) tunes. Both greatly improved my bike performance, but still had the idle issues. He then suggested that I revert back to the original stock tune; which I did. It ran and idled fine and had no issues. He then mentioned that he needed to provide me with tunes that would improve my performance and correct the idle issues or in his words "I had just paid $399 for a door stop". He then sent me two more HP tunes that had the stock settings for idle. They both work GREAT! The performance increase is fantastic and the idle problem is corrected. This all took place in one day. Craig stayed with it and wouldn't give up until the customer (me) was satisfied with the PV3 I'd purchased. Cudos to Craig and Fuel Moto!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is that the only mod you have done to an otherwise stock bike, just the exhaust? What was the mod? That sounds quite promising. Is the bike cooler now (temperature wise, I know the bike is already kewl) I wa riding with three other HDs and a total stranger came out of the store and asked me if that indian was mine. I said yes sir and he went on for a bit how beautiful they are while I am standing with my HD running buddies. Pretty kewl!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the first mod I've done. My aim was to get rid of the cat...the heat was terrible, even with a Captain Itch crotch cooler. So, I had the cat removed from my header and punched out the plugs in my stock mufflers. Since the latest HP tunes, my bike is much quicker and more responsive and runs WAY cooler. I've removed the crotch cooler and the heat is no longer an issue.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is it obnoxiously loud now or just sounds better? This is the exact situation I am in. I just put the cooler on and really it is only moderately better but havent ridden in the 100+ texas heat yet since my purchase last year. I considered the jet coating as well to keep the heat in the pipes. But on the fence about what to do. Thanks for this post. Sounds like the direction I would like to go. Good to know the vendor takes care of their customers as well.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I also need to fix my seat. Rework the foam or replace the whole damn thing. Looks nice but horrible for a 250lb rider.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's moderately louder, but certainly not obnoxiously loud; I very much value being able to hear my music when I ride. Not sure about the seat...during a long ride, mine gets a little uncomfortable, but not bad. I'll leave mine alone for now.

·
Rider
1,340 Posts
Craig has provided outstanding service to many, myself included and assisted people out of normal office hours. I did suggest he could place his underpants on over his trousers wear a cape and act like a Superhero. I also asked if he would kindly post a picture for his appreciative customers. In the absence of anything forthcoming from Craig I did stumble across this.....😁 Come on Craig, couldn't be any worse surely???......

Reactions: RedRM and Old Mil

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,443 Posts
Craig has provided outstanding service to many, myself included and assisted people out of normal office hours. I did suggest he could place his underpants on over his trousers wear a cape and act like a Superhero. I also asked if he would kindly post a picture for his appreciative customers. In the absence of anything forthcoming from Craig I did stumble across this..... Come on Craig, couldn't be any worse surely???......

View attachment 590707
Had a guy walk into our restaurant like that in the middle of our lunch rush. The district manager who was there that day to help out kindly explained to him that he was wearing his underwear wrong and she pointed him towards the men’s room to fix it. Well he came back out and marched right up to her to show her it was fixed. When she looked down she noticed the racing stripe was on the front now ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
691 Posts
I recently did some exhaust mods to my Roadmaster and decided to purchase a DynoJet PV3 to get the right tune. Craig from Fuel Moto sent me 2 tunes. I tried both and they inhibited my idle and the bike would die at full stops intermittently after warm up. When I let him know of my issues, he sent me 2 additional High Performance (HP) tunes. Both greatly improved my bike performance, but still had the idle issues. He then suggested that I revert back to the original stock tune; which I did. It ran and idled fine and had no issues. He then mentioned that he needed to provide me with tunes that would improve my performance and correct the idle issues or in his words "I had just paid $399 for a door stop". He then sent me two more HP tunes that had the stock settings for idle. They both work GREAT! The performance increase is fantastic and the idle problem is corrected. This all took place in one day. Craig stayed with it and wouldn't give up until the customer (me) was satisfied with the PV3 I'd purchased. Cudos to Craig and Fuel Moto!!!
Craig is a fantastic guy and does great work!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts