Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rider
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks rather interesting. I would like to see the instructions that come with the module.

I'm a cave man when it comes to electrical stuff, so I would probably have to pay some one.

·
Bronze member
1,794 Posts
I like that idea, thanks for sharing it.

After I put LEDs into my turn signals this week I was thinking about running lights for the front. Maybe connecting into the parking light inside the headlight, using a resistor to keep them dim until signal applied. But that's as far as I got with the thinking.
That got me looking at YouTube videos showing a simple diode pair+resistor circuit connected across both an always on source and signal source, that way the power is directed (diodes) and lowered (resistor) at the same time.

Apologies in advance if it's painfully slow to watch but it does describe this very simple circuit.

That video you posted leaves me one question concerning the brake light for the back signals. If the brake is on and making full power to the lights, how is it going to do the signals?
No doubt okay while just being running lights, but the video stops ;) short of saying anything about them blinking while braking.

Just now found a more complicated circuit using a timer chip.
Probably going to confuse some people, I know I am, but this was what I thought might be needed for the brake. Other way for front signals not a problem to use a simple circuit instead.

·
Bronze member
1,766 Posts
There are battery powered flashing red LEDs made for Bicycle riders.

Why not tape those to your helmet?

Not my style, but it's another way to get attention to yourself.
:po_O:p

·
Bronze member
1,794 Posts
Not like the old days with the D cells in the fake gas tank, great little gadgets these days.

I’ve only gone as far as putting reflective tape on my helmet before.
The police don’t like me putting flashing lights on any of my vehicles, which would probably include on me. Tire valve LED incident years ago.:D

·
Rider
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that idea, thanks for sharing it.

After I put LEDs into my turn signals this week I was thinking about running lights for the front. Maybe connecting into the parking light inside the headlight, using a resistor to keep them dim until signal applied. But that's as far as I got with the thinking.
That got me looking at YouTube videos showing a simple diode pair+resistor circuit connected across both an always on source and signal source, that way the power is directed (diodes) and lowered (resistor) at the same time.

Apologies in advance if it's painfully slow to watch but it does describe this very simple circuit.

That video you posted leaves me one question concerning the brake light for the back signals. If the brake is on and making full power to the lights, how is it going to do the signals?
No doubt okay while just being running lights, but the video stops ;) short of saying anything about them blinking while braking.

Just now found a more complicated circuit using a timer chip.
Probably going to confuse some people, I know I am, but this was what I thought might be needed for the brake. Other way for front signals not a problem to use a simple circuit instead.
Good point.

·
Registered
337 Posts
This looks rather interesting. I would like to see the instructions that come with the module.

I'm a cave man when it comes to electrical stuff, so I would probably have to pay some one.

Old KY Guy: Did you buy this? Is that you in the video?.... I'm interested in this, but can't seem to find this kit on Badlands (Namz..) website and also can't find red lenses for my Scout anywhere.

·
Rider
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Old KY Guy: Did you buy this? Is that you in the video?.... I'm interested in this, but can't seem to find this kit on Badlands (Namz..) website and also can't find red lenses for my Scout anywhere.
Nope, not my video. I'd call Badlands and ask specifics about this.

·
Registered
337 Posts
thanks guys, will do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts