Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am the proud owner of a new-to-me 2015 red and cream Roadmaster. While I enjoyed my 2010 Ultra, I am more than slightly excited to have the Roadmaster in its' place.

Before I started the process of searching for all the topics a new owner usually does, I wondered if any of you had compiled any lists of favorites -- like preferred tires, oils, accessories, etc. -- that might make things a little easier for newbies like me.

Thanks in advance for any help you offer and I am looking forward to being part of the community.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Enjoy your rides with your wonderful bike :cool:(y)

·
German Rider
1,514 Posts
Welcome from Germany and have fun with your bike!

Cu,
Sven

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Congrats from another new RM owner! I can't recommend tires or oil (I use OEM), but by far my favorite accessory is the driver's back rest. The RM comes pretty well equipped as is. Get a cover if you don't have one, a rain suit, and hit the road! Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Welcome to the club! There is a ton of accessorizing that you can do... just depends on what you're looking for.

A good portion of riders here like the Michelin Commander series of tires. Just a note that Michelin doesn't make the 180/60/16 tire that is OEM with our bikes but they do make a 180/65/16 tire that works just as well and corrects the slight speedometer error.

As far as oil, AmsOil makes a specific oil for our TS111 motors and is what I've switched to along with a bunch of other people here. Nothing wrong with the Indian oil change kits though.

Accessories... just depends on what your riding style is. I ride a decent bit when it's dark out so for me, the best money I've spent on my bike was swapping out the Indian Pathfinder LED lights for JW Speaker 8790 Adaptive 2 headlights and passing lamps. Along with those lights, I also have installed the front turn signal module from RACNRAY, the Admore light bar, and trunk brake light flasher from Custom Dynamics.

Just spend a little bit of time reading here and you'll find plenty of things to spend money on.

·
Administrator
14,748 Posts
Welcome to the tribe! Tons of posts about everything you mention, and lots of thoughtful opinions.

My RM add-ons/ mods/ preferences:

• Dunlop Elite 4 for tires (I prefer those to the Michelin Commanders)
  • Amsoil
  • drivers backrest (Indian)
  • infinity ( indian) highway pegs

The Indian backrest and highway pegs are pricey, but in my opinion very well worth the cost.

Enjoy that beast!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am the proud owner of a new-to-me 2015 red and cream Roadmaster. While I enjoyed my 2010 Ultra, I am more than slightly excited to have the Roadmaster in its' place.

Before I started the process of searching for all the topics a new owner usually does, I wondered if any of you had compiled any lists of favorites -- like preferred tires, oils, accessories, etc. -- that might make things a little easier for newbies like me.

Thanks in advance for any help you offer and I am looking forward to being part of the community.
Welcome to the tribe. She is a beauty.

Michelin Road Commander II
Amzoil Full Synthetic 20W-40
WIX Oil Filter XP for synthetic oil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts