Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2018 SDH now for 2 1/2 years,logging on almost 42,000 miles! But!!!! I have one MAJOR complaint about it which I was reminded of again today in dam near a 100* temperature.And that complaint is: THE AC DOESN'T WORK WORTH A SH**!!! Whada you guys think??? lol lol lol lol Dave!!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have owned my 2018 SDH now for 2 1/2 years,logging on almost 42,000 miles! But!!!! I have one MAJOR complaint about it which I was reminded of again today in dam near 100* temperatures.And that complaint is: THE AC DOESN'T WORK WORTH A SH**!!! Whada you guys think??? lol lol Dave!!!
you should swap out the stock a/c for one of the nice aftermarket ones! Then you’ll have a fully functional ac system!

·
Bronze member
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All great ideas gentlemen!! But since I already have all that equipment [I've done AC work too] I just can't figure out what or where to hook it up on my scooter?? lol lol Smart ars Dave!!! lol lol

·
Bronze Member
1,686 Posts
Simple solution. Mount a bowl to your handlebars and put a block of ice in the bowl. Just like in the image. No fan needed.

Homemade swamp cooler. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have owned my 2018 SDH now for 2 1/2 years,logging on almost 42,000 miles! But!!!! I have one MAJOR complaint about it which I was reminded of again today in dam near a 100* temperature.And that complaint is: THE AC DOESN'T WORK WORTH A SH**!!! Whada you guys think??? lol lol lol lol Dave!!!
[/QUOTE]
But remember if you do modify your Factory Indian Climate Command Control Center and Distrabution Device with a sleek aftermarket high volume climate control system with out the costly but necessary calibration card and dealer computer flash it may void your warranty. Buyer beware and roll down your window at your own risk.

·
Rider
519 Posts
I was astride my Scout waiting for the flagman to signal me past the 3rd construction site in the last two miles. It was mid 90’s, humid, and the sweat was dripping off the end of my nose like a melting icicle. And I remember thinking...

I’d STILL rather be here than pretty much anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Okay you got me! I cracked up on Indian climate command control center.

But remember if you do modify your Factory Indian Climate Command Control Center and Distrabution Device with a sleek aftermarket high volume climate control system with out the costly but necessary calibration card and dealer computer flash it may void your warranty. Buyer beware and roll down your window at your own risk.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sounds like you ordered the wrong air conditioning option.

·
Bronze member
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yes,I am aware of that unit and was actually gonna invest in one several years ago for my Triumph Thunderbird,that is, until I saw the price tag on it,which is the reason I didn't mention it. I didn't wanna shock anyone!! :rolleyes: I mean, if it works like this company is claiming,it would be really nice to have,BUT,not for the $1500 price tag they wanted for it.:eek:o_OThank you,but no thank you!!! Dave!!!

·
Rider
796 Posts
Move to Wyoming, the AC works great 9 mos. out of the year on my 17 RM with 48k miles.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts