Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While not wanting to increase the frustration for those who are still waiting to get the service they might expect, it seems only right to share a good news story.

I took my Scout 60 into SMG Leicester for its 2,500 mile check-up today. Although it took longer than planned due to unexpected interruptions, they did some additional work at my request, including rebalancing the rear wheel, and only charged for the time spent on the inspection; they also contacted Polaris who agreed to:
1) replace the tank because it is badly scuffed due to the softness of the paint
2) replace the headlight shell, the soft paint of which was damaged by an unsecured front brake line; perhaps this might also result in resolving the problem of condensation in the headlight
3) replace the left-hand switch gear, because the horn and scroll button don't work consistently

So, I have received excellent service from this dealer and an excellent response from Polaris on my warranty issues.

It is encouraging to know that Indian dealers and Polaris can deliver. Thank you SMG and thank you Polaris.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can rejoice in this a little more freely now that I've read Jay's post that Polaris has agreed to his more major warranty work also. This is how brand loyalty can be built.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Does it seem to anyone that the UK and Aussie folks have more problems with their Indians? Maybe it's the shipping, but I would think they would pack them pretty good on the ships!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Graham, we were happy to help. I know that we're very keen on making Indian (and Victory and MV Agusta) ownership as positive an experience as we can, but I have nothing but praise for Polaris too, I've worked for / with quite a few manufacturers in my time and non have been more straight forward and customer focussed than Polaris.

Does it seem to anyone that the UK and Aussie folks have more problems with their Indians? Maybe it's the shipping, but I would think they would pack them pretty good on the ships!
You have to be cautious drawing conclusions from forums though, I used to sit with warranty data at my finger tips and reality and forum noise are often a world apart. Four failures of the same type can cause a world of noise on a forum, but in a production run of, say, 2,000, it's an incredibly low fail rate. And yes, these bikes come very well shipped! The crates are solid timber and the bikes thoroughly strapped and protected :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts