Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just as well unfortunately their debt is toxic and will get investigated by the British authorities and fraud squad

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
Goodness there are so many bikes out there that I love, Norton being one of them, if only I was 25 years younger and 35 pounds lighter...

·
Silver member
5,443 Posts
The Royal Enfield 500 is an old pig btw.

No power, weird steering -falls into slow turns-, weird riding position ... did my motorcycle safety training on one (a brand new one) a few years ago. Didn’t like it.

So many better bikes for that money, especially when you consider second hand too.

·
Rider
1,190 Posts
The Royal Enfield 500 is an old pig btw.

No power, weird steering -falls into slow turns-, weird riding position ... did my motorcycle safety training on one (a brand new one) a few years ago. Didn’t like it.

So many better bikes for that money, especially when you consider second hand too.
You need to try the new 650 twin 👌🏻

·
Bronze member
1,941 Posts
A Norton knock off made in India. What could go wrong?

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
A Norton knock off made in India. What could go wrong?
It comes out more reliable than a Norton?
People actually buy these?
They don't embezzle from you as you ride down the street?
They stick around long enough to honor warranty claims?

Joke's aside,, Norton didn't style the gas tank, or look.
Paul Dunstall of Dunstall Racing did. Paul brought his design with him when went to work with them and they made a factory racer based off Paul's now popular and common design.
The design and look was old news when Norton got Paul to design their bike for them.
This tank was already on BSAs, triumphs and other popular bikes used for racing at the time.
Long before Norton had it, It and other body parts was a ready to buy custom part that racers bought because it pioneered a design with cut outs for knees when in a tuck and aerodynamics
Paul Dunstall also designed a fairing that everyone used including Norton And also the "cut gas tank" rear seat cowling.
Norton simply used what was common custom parts at the time.
So when you see a Norton, or classic themed cafe racers,,,Think Dunstall Racing, not Norton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts