Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. If anyone has had any experience with the Feher helmets. Living in AZ been contemplating buying one of these. But haven’t seen enough reviews.

·
Founding member
1,009 Posts
I emailed them last night, Shawn, and they responded this morning with answers to my six questions. I sent a follow up question this morning and they responded. Try again. Make sure you go through their 'I'm not a robot' questions.

·
Founding member
1,009 Posts
I posted here this morning saying it's hard to get info but I was wrong. They respond well. I just wish there were more independent reviews. I'm tempted.

·
Founding member
1,009 Posts
Shawn, the questions I asked are at the bottom of this post and their answers follow:

Thank you for your email.
1. The helmet can be used year round. It mostly a typical helmet with the exception of the AC unit and the lack of vents. But it is suitable to be used normally in any typical riding condition.
2. During cooler weather temps, the lack of vents is not a limiting factor to using this helmet, though everyone's preferences will vary. I use this helmet year round.
3. We advise you to use the battery connection cable and adapter that is included with the helmet. Some tender connectors have a different polarity set up than what our helmets use. Using another connector could damage the AC condenser and fan. I also have a tender attached to my bike but I added the Feher cable adapter as well.
4. The AC unit has a 1 year warranty against defects. It is a thermo-electric unit so it does not use freon. It is cools the ambient air by up to 10-15 degrees and the fan blows the cooled air into the helmet. It will not act like a car AC where you super cooled air, rather the helmet will try to balance the temperature on very hot days to make riding more manageable by lowering the ambient temp by 10-15 degrees. It can easily be swapped out and replaced if needed after several years of use. Currently for this model, the replacement cost is $149.99 for the AC unit itself.
5. We are not HJC. They have their own contract manufacturers and do not make this helmet. Feher uses our own contract manufacturer. Our helmet shell shape is Intermediate Round/Oval so it should fit most head shapes, unless you have a very oval or very round head.
6. The shield functions like it would on a regular helmet. It does have several notches like most helmets where you can have it partially opened, though at high speeds, the wind may force it closed or opened.
We have limited inventory right now for this model as we wait for the new model shipments to come in by July. The remaining inventory is on sale, but you will have to see if the size and color you want are available at this sale price by checking our website.
Hope this helps! Thank you.
Feher Helmets
On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 8:20 PM Feher Helmets (Shopify) <[email protected]> wrote:
My questions were:
1- Is the ACH-1 primarily a very hot weather helmet and not a year round helmet?
2- Is the ACH-1 as comfortable as a helmet with vents at moderate, 70-80 degree F temps? Does the lack of vents limit the helmet in any way at moderate temps?
3- Does the elec. cord connector fit/mate with a battery tender, heated gear connector?
4- How hearty is the AC module? Are change-outs easy for riders? Cost?
5- I wear an HJC RHPA ST70, size large helmet. Does HJC make the ACH-1? I'm concerned about the fit.
6- Is the face shield fixed and not openable? If openable, how many 'holds' does it have to let air in for riding in moderate temps?

·
Founding member
1,009 Posts
Shawn, after receiving the above replies from Feher yesterday I wrote back and asked them about their newest model which it sounds like will be announced in July or August. I asked but didn't really think they would say much. Their reply was:
"The new helmet will look exactly the same with the same equipment. The interior and EPS has been redesigned to maximize air flow from the AC unit. Sales tax is included in the final sale price. Thank you!"

I'm guessing that the new one will be introduced at the full price, $599.00, while the current ACH-1 is on sale at $450.00, tax incl. and free shipping. Just a guess.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reply. Those answered a lot of questions. Now wondering what changes may come in July

·
Founding member
1,009 Posts
I was very close to taking a chance on the Feher helmet, Shawn, but I asked where it was made and when they said Communist China is was a definite NO for me. Many helmets are made there but many aren't. HJC, Shoei, Arai, Shuberth, etc., are not made in Communist China.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts