Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings Group. I hope you don't mind me me posting here, as you all have awesome bikes, and my motor is British. I picked up this 1951 Indian Brave from Ebay. Info is scarce; parts are scarce, but if I network I can find what I need.

My thoughts on the rebuild is to just do what I can with what I have to work with. Its such a basket case that just getting it running again is an acceptable goal. If I make mistakes, please help me along. I know jack squat about Indian motorcycles. Also, I use video a lot. Pictures are good, but more information is passed through video spectrum.

I am excited about this motorcycle.:cool:;):D
Jonathan, luckyramu

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
Thank you for the time and effort to make that great video and best of luck with your classic Indian project. I noticed this forum was relatively new and generally focused on the newer bikes. Have you had much luck finding restoration resources online? You mentioned parts were hard to come by. Keep us updated with the progress you are making.

·
Registered
958 Posts
you do know it's a 50's royal enfield. Try and get a hold of a british cycle magazine like classic bike and that might get you some parts that you need, but from the looks of just the pic you might be better of to buy one that's already done. You probably would have less money into it. This comes from somebody whose been there done that. But if you enjoy a challenge well you've got it. God luck.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Well I stand corrected from looking at 51 RE they don't match up engine wise. I did know that in 1950 Brockhouse LTD had taken control of Indian and they where the supplier of British motorcycles to Indian. But this doesn't seem to be one of them. This might be one of the models that Indian had sunk so much money into developing only to have them sink them.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,047 Posts
You are a brave man to undertake this project. Good luck and I'll offer any advice that seems useful. You'll certainly have something that you don;t see every day.
--- Randall.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive. Or something like that.:)
By the way, Good Video.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm building. '50 Brave, let me know what parts you are looking for maybe we can make some trades.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings Group. I hope you don't mind me me posting here, as you all have awesome bikes, and my motor is British. I picked up this 1951 Indian Brave from Ebay. Info is scarce; parts are scarce, but if I network I can find what I need.

My thoughts on the rebuild is to just do what I can with what I have to work with. Its such a basket case that just getting it running again is an acceptable goal. If I make mistakes, please help me along. I know jack squat about Indian motorcycles. Also, I use video a lot. Pictures are good, but more information is passed through video spectrum.

Jonathan, luckyramu

Jonathan, luckyramu
do you have parts for a 1951 Indian brave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts