Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
in the club i belong to we have a few officer's that were on duty on that day. an where i live a good friend who i got to know for a few yrs who passed away a year ago was a fire fighter on duty. besides the attack on our land it does have a personal effect.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,275 Posts
The passage of time and generations of people makes big historic events fade from the public mentality. Pearl Harbor Day doesn't have the same significance to younger generations as it did those who were alive when it happened. Unfortunately this same process is underway with new generations of people. Time won't erase 911 but as those who remember it die off it will indeed fade to a less significant order of magnitude to future generations. Nothing will erase it from ours though.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers go out to my fellow Fire/police brothers and sisters who's lives changed forever that day and those who lost their lives !! Let's all be "911 strong "

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts

Remember, when there is an emergency there are people that train and sacrifice, sometimes all, to render assistance and serve the public. Some make it their career, some donate their time -- to each it is a calling. Let's remember all those that were killed, including those that sacrificed themselves to help others.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I saw the Pentagon on 9/11. Embedded in my memory forevermore.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was preparing to deploy with the 82nd Airborne when the attacks occurred. Bags were packed already. Thought we'd be jumping into some unknown place within a couple days. Ended up doing five tours. Still feel like I have unfinished business.
Visited ground zero about 9 months later and went to Shanksville two months ago.

·
Rider
538 Posts
Well according to the newspaper of record the New York Times it was just “airplanes” that caused the Towers to fall. "18 years have passed since airplanes took aim and brought down the World Trade Center," read a tweet from the New York Times on Wednesday. Yup, just airplanes. You see, some people did something on 9-11, dunno who what or why, and airplanes extracted their revenge at being financed through Wall Street.

·
German rider
636 Posts
Well according to the newspaper of record the New York Times it was just “airplanes” that caused the Towers to fall. "18 years have passed since airplanes took aim and brought down the World Trade Center," read a tweet from the New York Times on Wednesday. Yup, just airplanes. You see, some people did something on 9-11, dunno who what or why, and airplanes extracted their revenge at being financed through Wall Street.
Maybe just some Transformers© gone wild.
Nothing but malicious enjoyment and infamous cynism in our newspapers too, and not one word about terrorists - educated as pilots in germany.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey all, I don't want to make this political, but let's not take Representative Omar's comments out of context. I live 9 miles west of Manhattan, and could see the towers from my bedroom window. I watched the whole thing unfold. I lost a few friends on 9/11, and I am surrounded by dozens of people who lost loved ones. Representative Omar was not minimizing the tragedy. She was just making the point that we cannot, and should not, make a blanket judgment of all Muslims because some Muslim people perpetrated this travesty. Her comments were in response to certain actions taken by our government, such as a Muslim ban. We do not live in a binary society where there is always a clear black and white, or always a good guy in a white hat and a bad guy in a black hat. Unfortunately, the media, particularly the right-wing media, tries to paint things that way. We are all smarter than that. Keep it in context.

·
Rider
1,037 Posts
Hey all, I don't want to make this political, but let's not take Representative Omar's comments out of context. I live 9 miles west of Manhattan, and could see the towers from my bedroom window. I watched the whole thing unfold. I lost a few friends on 9/11, and I am surrounded by dozens of people who lost loved ones. Representative Omar was not minimizing the tragedy. She was just making the point that we cannot, and should not, make a blanket judgment of all Muslims because some Muslim people perpetrated this travesty. Her comments were in response to certain actions taken by our government, such as a Muslim ban. We do not live in a binary society where there is always a clear black and white, or always a good guy in a white hat and a bad guy in a black hat. Unfortunately, the media, particularly the right-wing media, tries to paint things that way. We are all smarter than that. Keep it in context.
If you are going to make it political - and you did - read the entire speech. You will see that - given the full context of it - she WAS in fact minimizing the tragedy and WAS in fact minimizing the role of Islam in it. By minimizing the tragedy and role of Islam in it she hoped to minimize the future impact of the terrorist attacks on the Islamic community.*. And that’s why in the same speech she lied about the founding of CAIR.

*I am NOT, in any way, supporting the cowardly and baseless attacks on the Islamic community that have occurred since then. Just objecting to her strategy of minimizing the 9-11 attacks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts