Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from the Sturgis rally where I rode my 2014 Chief Vintage 8,000 miles riding 16 states in 25 days. I rode from North Port FLorida (half way between Sarasota and Fort Myers) to Stugis then took a tour of the west coast while I was there. I must say that the bike performed flawlessly and gave me the most exciting ride ever. Everywhere I stopped people kept coming up and wanting to talk about the bike, where I got it, and how good it looks. Even in Sturgis I was stopped everywhere by Harley riders who were impressed with the bike and wanted to talk about it and take pictures next to it. The Indian dealership in Sturgis was pretty busy when I went there and there were more Harleys for sale there than actual Indian Bikes on display, but all said I did not see very many Indians at any of the Rally points and outlying cities that were packed with bikes. I had my 5000 miles service done at the Sturgis Indian Dealer and they were the most professional and informed people I have ever dealt with except for those at Sky Power Sports in Lakeland, Fl where I bout mine. Without an appointment they jumped right on it.

So far since I bought my bike in 2014 I have gotten several letters from Indian thanking me for my purchase and providing numbers to call if I ever have any issues and alerting me to new dealership openings and other events. Indian is really going all out and I am glad I purchased my Indian as it has been a work horse with no problems.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's what I'm talking about. Wow, glad you having a good time with your bike.

Just like to know do you have the stock seat?
Or did you upgrade it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It is posts like this that tell us we made a good decision when we bought our bikes. All the people talking about how we are taking huge chances buying a first year bike.

8K in 25 days. Even taking into account a couple of days of down time.... you are taking 320 - 360 miles a day minimum with no issues.

Thank you Indian!

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
738 Posts
Way to go Captrik! Now THAT'S a ride great test of your bike! I've ordered a new Scout sight unseen, and I think your report says a heck of a lot about Indian's ability to build a great first year bike!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just returned from the Sturgis rally where I rode my 2014 Chief Vintage 8,000 miles riding 16 states in 25 days. I rode from North Port FLorida (half way between Sarasota and Fort Myers) to Stugis then took a tour of the west coast while I was there. I must say that the bike performed flawlessly and gave me the most exciting ride ever. Everywhere I stopped people kept coming up and wanting to talk about the bike, where I got it, and how good it looks. Even in Sturgis I was stopped everywhere by Harley riders who were impressed with the bike and wanted to talk about it and take pictures next to it. The Indian dealership in Sturgis was pretty busy when I went there and there were more Harleys for sale there than actual Indian Bikes on display, but all said I did not see very many Indians at any of the Rally points and outlying cities that were packed with bikes. I had my 5000 miles service done at the Sturgis Indian Dealer and they were the most professional and informed people I have ever dealt with except for those at Sky Power Sports in Lakeland, Fl where I bout mine. Without an appointment they jumped right on it.

So far since I bought my bike in 2014 I have gotten several letters from Indian thanking me for my purchase and providing numbers to call if I ever have any issues and alerting me to new dealership openings and other events. Indian is really going all out and I am glad I purchased my Indian as it has been a work horse with no problems.
First up congrats on a killer trip! Wow! I love the Chief and Chieftain! Nice bikes and hope that someday I can go that route for my "second" Indian ;) ! I wanted to comment on Sky Powersports, good group over there and it seems like you've had some good luck with them which makes me happy since I've reserved my Scout at Sky (Indian Motorcycle of Lakeland). Watch for their new Indian Motorcycle show room coming in the next month or so!

Cheers Captrik!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts