Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my brand new bike that is about 7 months old keeps breaking down. This is the 6th time now.
Today was the worst. Shut down on the freeway in the fast lane 60 miles from home. Very dangerous. Good thing I have cat like reaction skills. Not!
Any hew. Called the place where I got the bike from (6.5 hours away) and they want to come get the bike and have their master tech try and take care of it. Otherwise they will give me another brand new bike.
Gotta love Indian for this. They sure do love my great attitude. She said.
I'll keep you guys posted.
Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds like a new ride to me. If it were in the winter I would let them come get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
That's a very, positive response from both you and them. I don't want to get into a pissing match between brands with this comment but I could bet a million that the other US manufacturer WOULD NOT have the same response. Their response? Come on...everybody together on one..."They all do that"...

Good for you, Darth, that the dealership and InPo stepped up. Indian's response for you and others is why I moved from that other brand after 40 or so years with them.

·
Bronze member
4,117 Posts
Any breakdown is bad news, but six in seven months is more than frustrating. Is it the same problem each time?

I hope you end up with a fully functioning ride after all this.

·
Bronze member
2,715 Posts
That's a very, positive response from both you and them. I don't want to get into a pissing match between brands with this comment but I could bet a million that the other US manufacturer WOULD NOT have the same response. Their response? Come on...everybody together on one..."They all do that"...

Good for you, Darth, that the dealership and InPo stepped up. Indian's response for you and others is why I moved from that other brand after 40 or so years with them.
My buddy's brand new m8 fob battery went dead at a rest area.the mechanic drove out there and put in a code to start the bike and had a new battery.didnt charge him.

·
Rider
700 Posts
Enough is enough.
Whats your time worth.
Myself, Id be on them for a new bike.
You certainly deserve it.
You bought this to ride and keep in your garage and not for the dealer to keep in their garage.

·
Rider
700 Posts
They worked on repairing it several times if I understand correctly but were not sucessful.
Dont wish to make you feel worse then you already do but to spend that kind of money and keep running back to dealer again.
I really hope they can get you right.
These are really nice bikes when they work correctly. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck to ya

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They worked on repairing it several times if I understand correctly but were not sucessful.
Dont wish to make you feel worse then you already do but to spend that kind of money and keep running back to dealer again.
I really hope they can get you right.
These are really nice bikes when they work correctly. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck to ya
Its all under warranty since the bike is only 6 months old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts