Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Tribal thunder...

·
Bronze member
2,247 Posts
Registered today. Should be fun.
I saw this pic in the Memes section, and decided to google the restaurant name for shits & giggles.
Turns out that it's in Asheville, NC.
Guess where I'm going to eat this June!

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I saw this pic in the Memes section, and decided to google the restaurant name for shits & giggles.

View attachment 619749
Hmmm . . . only 36 miles from Maggie Valley. Maybe a group ride for one of our days? Although there is a great BBQ place right in MV.

·
Rider
1,349 Posts

View attachment 619749
I'll run down there with ya' one afternoon. I love checking out the really, really, old school BBQ, Burger, and Fried Chicken Joints in the Carolinas.

BD

Reactions: zjondoe007

·
Registered
59 Posts
When: Thu, June 17 - Mon, June 21, 2021
Where: Maggie Valley, NC
Host hotel: Holiday Motel

Registration is OPEN!.
We are a small-ish ( 60-75 bikes, 60 - 95 attendees) gathering of like minded riders who enjoy a layed-back, informal, no-drama, get together in the heart of the greatest roads east of the Mississippi. Event is NOT affiliated with this or any other forum.

Registration and more information can be found at website: Tribal Thunder

Registration price has been simplified, but basically - $45 per bike rider, $70 for two-up. Children under 12 free. This includes a catered BBQ dinner, pool party, plus much more. We are non-profit. Any income over expenses goes to local charity (in the past we donated to Cherokee Nation, and Boy Scouts). Like before, ordering of T-Shirts are separate and extra, but delivered at check-in.

Join us for four days and nights of fun, brotherhood, BBQ, fireside socials, games, pool parties, and more. Make new and lasting friends, or catch up with old friends from Pow Wows past. Our host hotel (A Holiday Motel) is a favorite among bikers, in Maggie Valley, owned by great people who also ride. Rooms are inexpensive, an old school motor court motel, and has an outdoor pool, picnic tables, fire pit, and more. We'll have a large tent set up to provide shade from the sun or hide from the rain.

The Blue Rdge Parkway (BRP) is only 4 miles away. Cherokee and entrance to Smokey Mountain National Park is 17 miles away. Nearby are lehendary riding routes, including, Tail of the Dragon, the Snake, the Rattler, the Moonshiner, the Diamondback, and a dozen others. We'll have organized rides for both advanced and novice skill sets. Each group will be limited to 10 people max, for comfort and safety. Multiple groups may go on same route to accommodate popular choices.

Registration Includes:
  • Smoke Signals Party - catered BBQ Dinner, Prizes and Awards
  • Landing Party - Cookout & Outdoor Movie - "Easy Rider" in HD
  • Peace Pipe Social - campfire, beer, cigars and 'Smores' and tall tales
  • Pool Party - Pizza, Beer & Outdoor Movie - "World's Fastest Indian"
  • Pow Wow Token
  • Smudging of the Bikes - a Sacred Native American Ceremony
Host Hotel Info:
The entire hotel has been blocked for our event - ONLY 24 rooms are available, so book early! Cost is $80 - $90 per night. Room reservation are cancellable up to 4 days before event. You must register for the event before you can reserve a host hotel room (done by special website access, which I will send to you). Two other hotels are across the street with normal reservation procedures and pricing.

Other Nearby Hotels:
Travel Lowes Motel (budget prices)
(828) 926-1732
3194 Soco Road
Maggie Valley, NC 28751
[email protected]

Comfort Inn (from $127)
3282 Soco Road
Maggie Valley, NC 28751

View attachment 619627 View attachment 619628
As far as I know, I'm registered for the Pow Wow and also booked at the Comfort Inn. This will be my first time attending and I'm really looking forward to it. I know I'm the odd man out on my preferences, but I'd rather a t-shirt than a patch/pin and I like the Headdress on the bike design.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
LAPEL PINS:
Here is the final Lapel Pin design. Cost TBD in a few days. Pins will be 1" (or maybe 1.25") in diameter. They are high quality, hard enamel artwork (Cloisonne), with matching hanging bars for each year attended. The image below is ONLY the design idea, not finished product. I am negotiating pricing with supplier now.

I plan to have available pins with varying years attached - based on verified attendance over the past 4 years (I have records). Later, pins will be available for those who have attended in past years but not attending this year.
PIN-FINAL-SMALL.png

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
As far as I know, I'm registered for the Pow Wow and also booked at the Comfort Inn. This will be my first time attending and I'm really looking forward to it. I know I'm the odd man out on my preferences, but I'd rather a t-shirt than a patch/pin and I like the Headdress on the bike design.
Under what email address did you register? I don't have access to your email attached to your screen name.

I 'might' have shirts available for individuals to purchase this year. If so, it would be an individual purchase, shipped to you. I would not be ordering for a group - that hasn't worked out very well.

If I do, I'll post info later, in February.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Bob - you are going to have a fantastic time! Got you registered. Still looking into T-Shirt options as well as patches. The Lapel Pin w/ years is definite. The pins are going to be stellar. Ordering shirts (and later sorting, distributing, etc.) is a PITA. Might go the route of everyone ordering their own, for delivery to their address, rather than me being the middle man.

Be sure to download the available documents from the website. They get updated every so often.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks so much. I'm really looking forward to this.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Trying to make mementos work for all.

Pins
(w/ years of attendance) are a definite.
Working on Patches to be available at event.
Working on T-Shirts to be available for individual purchase directly, before event

Reminder, the gathering is a non-profit, fun-filled event. No commercial or corporate sponsorship, no vendors - just camaraderie and great memories.

·
Bronze member
1,307 Posts
I hope to attend but international vehicular crossing is currently banned with no end in sight. I may have to charter a plane and cargo in.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I hope to attend but international vehicular crossing is currently banned with no end in sight. I may have to charter a plane and cargo in.
I truly believe there will be relief of the pandemic by June. Not gone, but relief. It is still 6 months away. I suspect vaccinations will be well underway, infection rates going down, and restrictions relaxed to a degree. Our location (Haywood County, NC) had/has one of the lowest number cases in the country. That is why we held it in June 2020 instead of canceling.

That said, and if my prediction comes to be true, there will be an explosion of travlers in June - both 2-wheel and 4-wheel.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
T-Shirts and Polo Shirt now available for purchase !
Individually ordered - you select, pay and it is delivered to you. So order before attending the gathering, as I will not be the middle man. Purchase Here.

Lapel Pins (w/ yearly hanging bars) have been ordered and will be available at the event. Prices will be between $5 - $15, depending on number of bars for verified years of attendance.. They will be available ONLY to registered attendees (past and present), at the event. Below is the finished design.

3" or 3.5" Patches will also be available at the event, to registered attendees (past and present). Price TBD. I am thinking of small yearly rockers as well, but after initial design is approved.

All can be viewed on the Tribal Thunder Website

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hotel has only 5 rooms left!

Register now to unlock the hidden link to reserve a room.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Also - Many forum members do not review this thread. Many riders don't even participate on this or other forums. So please spread the word about our gathering. Thanks.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts