Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When: Thu, June 17 - Mon, June 21, 2021
Where: Maggie Valley, NC
Host hotel: Holiday Motel

Update: All blocked rooms to be released February 15. After that room reservations are on your own and hotel will fill up.

Registration is OPEN!.
We are a small-ish ( 60-75 bikes, 60 - 95 attendees) gathering of like minded riders who enjoy a layed-back, informal, no-drama, get together in the heart of the greatest roads east of the Mississippi. Event is NOT affiliated with this or any other forum.

Registration and more information can be found at website: Tribal Thunder

Registration price has been simplified, but basically - $45 per bike rider, $70 for two-up. Children under 12 free. This includes a catered BBQ dinner, pool party, plus much more. We are non-profit. Any income over expenses goes to local charity (in the past we donated to Cherokee Nation, and Boy Scouts). Like before, ordering of T-Shirts are separate and extra, but delivered at check-in.

Join us for four days and nights of fun, brotherhood, BBQ, fireside socials, games, pool parties, and more. Make new and lasting friends, or catch up with old friends from Pow Wows past. Our host hotel (A Holiday Motel) is a favorite among bikers, in Maggie Valley, owned by great people who also ride. Rooms are inexpensive, an old school motor court motel, and has an outdoor pool, picnic tables, fire pit, and more. We'll have a large tent set up to provide shade from the sun or hide from the rain.

The Blue Rdge Parkway (BRP) is only 4 miles away. Cherokee and entrance to Smokey Mountain National Park is 17 miles away. Nearby are lehendary riding routes, including, Tail of the Dragon, the Snake, the Rattler, the Moonshiner, the Diamondback, and a dozen others. We'll have organized rides for both advanced and novice skill sets. Each group will be limited to 10 people max, for comfort and safety. Multiple groups may go on same route to accommodate popular choices.

Registration Includes:
  • Smoke Signals Party - catered BBQ Dinner, Prizes and Awards
  • Landing Party - Cookout & Outdoor Movie - "Easy Rider" in HD
  • Peace Pipe Social - campfire, beer, cigars and 'Smores' and tall tales
  • Pool Party - Pizza, Beer & Outdoor Movie - "World's Fastest Indian"
  • Pow Wow Token
  • Smudging of the Bikes - a Sacred Native American Ceremony
Host Hotel Info:
The entire hotel has been blocked for our event - ONLY 24 rooms are available, so book early! Cost is $80 - $90 per night. Room reservation are cancellable up to 4 days before event. You must register for the event before you can reserve a host hotel room (done by special website access, which I will send to you). Two other hotels are across the street with normal reservation procedures and pricing.

Other Nearby Hotels:
Travel Lowes Motel (budget prices)
(828) 926-1732
3194 Soco Road
Maggie Valley, NC 28751
[email protected]

Comfort Inn (from $127)
3282 Soco Road
Maggie Valley, NC 28751

Registered
Registered (well, money send) and room reserved... I will try not to earn the ceremonial door key this year... 馃榿

Reactions: Big Dawg

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Registered (well, money send) and room reserved... I will try not to earn the ceremonial door key this year... 馃榿
LOL . . . yeah, maybe we'll look for another door key awardee this year! Suggestion: Bring the key back to the Pow Wow so we can "repurpose" it for the next awardee.

Looking forward to hearing more great stories from you this coming June, too.

Rider
I'm in as well. Cannot wait to see everyone again ! ! !

Looking forward to seeing your new ride !

BD

Reactions: Eeyore

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi - I paid for the registration fee, but haven't gotten the info on the hotel yet. Hoping to get a room before they're gone...
I have not received notification that you have registered for the event. How did you pay? Once I get that I will tell you how to reserve the room.
Also, sent you a PM (Private Message)

(EDIT: resolved)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pow Wow officially starts Thursday, ends Monday AM. Some arriving early. Entire hotel is blocked for our event. You must register for event FIRST, then receive a link to reserve your room.

List of Rooms LEFT . . .

Rider
Talked to Rob yesterday to verify my reservation. All set ! ! !

BD

Reactions: EskimoQuinn

Registered
Hello everyone, I just booked my room and look forward to this event. Last year was a great time! Hey Quinn, I booked Wednesday night thru Monday morning. The event is Thursday until Sunday. Are people arriving on Tuesday as well? P.S. I will bring some nice cigars for us to enjoy...

Attachments

Reactions: Eeyore

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello everyone, I just booked my room and look forward to this event. Last year was a great time! Hey Quinn, I booked Wednesday night thru Monday morning. The event is Thursday until Sunday. Are people arriving on Tuesday as well? P.S. I will bring some nice cigars for us to enjoy...
Hi Chris. Will be great to see you again! A few will be there early, even Tuesday night as myself. I also plan to depart the following Tuesday.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
24 people are now registered (already). That means the hotel is nearing capacity. Register now to get a host hotel room!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Looking for comments. Instead of T-Shirts this year a Patch (w/ yearly rockers) has been suggested. I am also thinking of a Lapel Pin w/ yearly hanging bars. Below are two basic logo designs. Please vote your preference.

Each design would be in a circle - either a 3" Patch or 1.25" Lapel Pin
Whether patch or pin, rockers or hanging bars will be available for all years attendance.
Please vote - Headress Bike OR Tribal Thunder

Here is an example of hanging bar PIN. Ours would be better quality:

Registered
I like both of the patches. If i had to choose it would be Tribal Thunder.

Rider
I agree, they're both good, but if I had to pick, it'd be Tribal Thunder.

BD

1 - 20 of 73 Posts