Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Thursday, I stopped in at the Coastal Indian vendor set up outside the Beaver Bar at the Sturgis Rally. My 2018 RM already had the Indian Stage 1 AC and Bassani true dual exhaust. I talked with them about which cams to put in and how I ride, mainly 2 up so I went with the 558 cams. The tech was excited to have my bike there, because it was the 1st one they got to tune with the Bassani true duals. HP was at 98.3 and peak TQ at 3000RPM was 116.5. What's the most impressive though is from around 1800 RPM to almost 5000 RPM the TQ runs 110ftlbs or more. The thing the tech liked most about the Bassani exhaust was the fact that the rear header tube is the same length as the front, which helps equal out the back pressure on both pipes and makes it easier to tune. Out on the road this thing pulls like a beast now, pretty impressive for 900lb bike
dyno sheet.png

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, what did they get you for on this job, it's exactly what I'm looking to do on my RM. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think those are great numbers for true duals. I bet it runs well.
The difference is incredible. There is no more lag when rolling on the throttle and acceleration is fantastic, even riding two up.

Reactions: 1smoothscout

·
Registered
458 Posts
558 is a solid cam. I have it in both of my bikes.

·
Bronze member
1,531 Posts
I have long touted the virtues of Bassani True duals vs the garbage Rush, Rinehart and Freedom produce. Those 3 take the "easy way out" with their pipe routing with sometimes as much as 18" or more variation in tubing length. I had a HD on my dyno while back with Bassani T/D's and measure the individual tubing lengths, there was only 1" difference! And had the opportunity to tune a Kawi 1700 with Freedom true duals, they made so much LESS power above 3500 rpm than a stock exhaust with just slip ons!!!

Good for you and those results, they show a PROPERLY designed t/d CAN make good power!

RACNRAY

Reactions: 1smoothscout

·
Rider
988 Posts
This past Thursday, I stopped in at the Coastal Indian vendor set up outside the Beaver Bar at the Sturgis Rally. My 2018 RM already had the Indian Stage 1 AC and Bassani true dual exhaust. I talked with them about which cams to put in and how I ride, mainly 2 up so I went with the 558 cams. The tech was excited to have my bike there, because it was the 1st one they got to tune with the Bassani true duals. HP was at 98.3 and peak TQ at 3000RPM was 116.5. What's the most impressive though is from around 1800 RPM to almost 5000 RPM the TQ runs 110ftlbs or more. The thing the tech liked most about the Bassani exhaust was the fact that the rear header tube is the same length as the front, which helps equal out the back pressure on both pipes and makes it easier to tune. Out on the road this thing pulls like a beast now, pretty impressive for 900lb bike
View attachment 515642
I LOVE that nice flat peak torque curve!

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
Nice chart! the Bassani TD's are the only one I would use if purchasing a TD system. The equal lengths are very important to engine performance.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fridge07: nice numbers! what were your stock numbers before the cam , with the pipes and ac ? Thx.
I wish I knew, I never had a before run done. When I showed up to their booth to set up an appointment they let me know they had a no show and said I could take that spot right now. So I handed them the keys and they placed a fan up next to the engine to start cooling it off so they could get to work.

·
Bronze member
1,847 Posts
I think I'd like to pair that bassani with the S3 and a good tune. Should be able to break 100 hp and tq north of 120.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Bronze member
1,847 Posts
No "problem". It's hard enough to compare different bikes on different Dyno jet dynos, and harder when one throws in an Axis or other type. Shape of the curves should be the focus with afr chart along the bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts