Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Scout Sixty on December 7th, and I hit 500 on the odometer today. 11 days! Scheduled my 500 mile service for next week. I hope it is in the $250 range, as others paid on the forum. [cigar]

Attachments

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Some of these kids are weiners..... I used to bring my bikes in the next day for the first checkup.
I'm 75 tomorrow and I did my Scout in 2 days!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some of these kids are weiners..... I used to bring my bikes in the next day for the first checkup.
I'm 75 tomorrow and I did my Scout in 2 days!
Thanks RBinTEX! There is no dispute Your generation is hard core! 2 days is very impressive!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took me about a month. Not that I didn't want to ride more, but I have made up for it. Now I ride all the time. Except on ice.
I definitely would love to ride all the time. I am happy we do not have ice in my vicinity. We had a low of 41, and the guys at work were blown away I chose to ride. Couldn't fight the urge.

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
I definitely would love to ride all the time. I am happy we do not have ice in my vicinity. We had a low of 41, and the guys at work were blown away I chose to ride. Couldn't fight the urge.[/QUOTE

Last week it was in the low range, around 9 to 11 degrees when I left for work. Hit a high of 35. I get looks on the road when riding. And people stay far away. Guess they think if I am crazy enough to ride when it is 11 degrees out, they don't want to get to close. No one knows what I will do.

·
Rider
510 Posts
I definitely would love to ride all the time. I am happy we do not have ice in my vicinity. We had a low of 41, and the guys at work were blown away I chose to ride. Couldn't fight the urge.
LUCKY! I'd definitely ride in 41 degrees, but we already have salt on the road up here, so when she finally gets dropped off, she shall sit till its washed away (hopefully March)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LUCKY! I'd definitely ride in 41 degrees, but we already have salt on the road up here, so when she finally gets dropped off, she shall sit till its washed away (hopefully March)
Hey Sphinx327,

I see you doing some hard riding in March once you can get back to riding! Enjoy!

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Bought my Scout Sixty on December 7th, and I hit 500 on the odometer today. 11 days! Scheduled my 500 mile service for next week. I hope it is in the $250 range, as others paid on the forum. [cigar]
Hope its in the $250 range?? I would suggest you pick up a phone, call the dealer, and ask. Nobody thought of that yet? Or just have it done and when it costs over $400.................just vent on the forum?

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Hope its in the $250 range?? I would suggest you pick up a phone, call the dealer, and ask. Nobody thought of that yet? Or just have it done and when it costs over $400.................just vent on the forum?
And get it in writing emailed to you. If it isn't in writing, it's not a quote, it's a conversation...

·
Rider
510 Posts
Hey Sphinx327,

I see you doing some hard riding in March once you can get back to riding! Enjoy!
Yup! Told my girlfriend, we will be taking the bike everywhere, so make sure to clothes shop accordingly.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Can't remember how long my 500 miles took, but I'm well over 4000 miles - bought her in March with 5 on the odometer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, Bwana6. Called and got a quote.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't remember how long my 500 miles took, but I'm well over 4000 miles - bought her in March with 5 on the odometer.
That is some great riding, WhiteBuffalo. Thanks for sharing. I hope I can ride that much in the next 9 months.

·
Registered
848 Posts
That is some great riding, WhiteBuffalo. Thanks for sharing. I hope I can ride that much in the next 9 months.
You're in GA, I don't doubt you can. Actually I just verified last night because I ran some Sta-Bil through her - I'm a little over 4700.

I commute to work as often as possible and as early/late in the season as I can stand - 30 miles total round trip, sometimes a little longer lol ;)

I also try to do a lot of group riding to site-see. This passed season we went to see Rolling Thunder in DC; out to Johnstown, PA for Thunder in the Valley; and a few other dives that serve great food - all of which keep the odometer ticking and your spirit young.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mine was 170ish$ from Panama City beach. Ended up being like 225$ though because they always offer like 15% off everything when I get service lol (so I bought a couple things). don't quote me on the 15 though but I think that's the percent they said last two times, and when I bought the bike. Hopefully you will get a deal also. Oh and got my bike during thunder beach rally and sitting right under 4,600 miles now, you will love this bike. Anyways enjoy your bike and put some miles on her. Tell us how your service went also.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had my 500 mile service. It cost me $185 with a 10% discount. I want to thank y'all for your information. I have really been riding since the service, and I love my Scout! Time for some modifications next.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
I wish the 2 dealers near me were reasonable with the 500 mile service. Both of them are right at $400 for it.
So much of this depends on what all they do. Some dealers do the minimum. Some do other things like a compression check, which requires removing the tank. Some use the full synthetic oil kit, others use the less expensive semi-synthetic. For me, it's difficult to compare unless you know what all they did for what they charged?

·
Registered
64 Posts
So much of this depends on what all they do. Some dealers do the minimum. Some do other things like a compression check, which requires removing the tank. Some use the full synthetic oil kit, others use the less expensive semi-synthetic. For me, it's difficult to compare unless you know what all they did for what they charged?
According to them it us an oil change with the correct indian kit and any adjustments that need to be made. The price on it is set, so it seems a high unless there is alot of things they can do in the timeframe they told me. They told me it takes about an hour. I need to take mine to have it done, but not at that price. There is one other dealer about 100 miles from me that I am planning on calling tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts