Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the 500 mi service done on sat had to wait 4 hrs. for them to get me in 1 1/2 hrs later bike is ready . I pay my bill $230 the dealer is 50 miles from my house I get within 1 mile from my house and the floor board/ shift bracket bolts backed off and 1 is missing . the floor board and shifter fell off on the side of the road cant shift . thought one of the jobs in the 500 service was to check all fasteners??? I call dealership and first response is we didn't touch that so he just admitted to me they only did 1/2 the service and charged me for basically an oil change WTF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did they do a compress check? If so what were your numbers? I only ask because my dealer did do a compression check and it was a shocker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I highly doubt they did a comp test all my receipt says is oil change and adjusted drive belt. they picked up the bike yesterday morning via trailer and brought It back to their shop. I should be hearing from them today. I did file a complaint with Polaris and was issued a case # they are arguing with me about what is included in the 500 mi service . I am reading straight from the manual all fasteners among other things are to be inspected and re torqued I would assume their techs must have been thru a training course with Indian

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 500 mile service is being done today. Is a compression check suppose to be part of the service? Did you have to ask for a print out or did they just give it to you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts