Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I blocked the hotel for our event (in Jan), no discounts were applied. But all available rooms were blocked until mid-May. We have the whole hotel except for one room. This allows us to have parties, campfires, etc. beyong the normal 11pm quiet time.

Rob and Gabi (owners) are great people, riders, and understand biker culture. It'll be great.
All good man! See you then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
We are hoping to ride down from DE, but are doing it in two days. We'll be in Roanoke on June 17-18 overnight at the Quality Inn. This is my first really long ride (more than a half day), so we didn't want to try to press all the way through.
I maybe leaving Wednesday morning. I have to see.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Latest:

Just 7 days!

If you haven't pre-registered, do so. We need head counts for meals and prizes. Registration "at the door" is $50 per person, no discounts. You must be registered to participate.

And a reminder . . . yes, the pandemic is winding down, but we will be practicing social distancing. Many of us are in the high-risk category and need to be careful.

Shirt orders are closed and in production. I will have 3-4 extras at the event. These are one-of-a-kind shirts, featuring a Covid-19 reference. Later, shirts might be available for purchase, individually. As an individual order, the cost and shipping will significantly increase.

So far, we have 50 riders registered - the perfect size. Holiday Motel is full but rooms are available across the street at the Comfort Inn. The following weekend, June 26-28, the Summer Thunder in the Smokies Rally will be held directly across the street from the hotel - if anyone is inclined to extend their stay.

There is also the idea of an "Ocean Ride" being discussed - a run to the Atlantic Ocean (maybe Myrtle Beach, 330 miles) for a few days after our event. More to be revealed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We're coming over Wednesday and looking forward to some great rides! The weather looks a little chilly for the middle of June, but should be nice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We are first time attendees and looking forward to it however i have been looking at the weather channel and it looks like 80% chance of rain everyday. are there alternate plans just in case it rains everyday or just going to ride in the rain?

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
We are first time attendees and looking forward to it however i have been looking at the weather channel and it looks like 80% chance of rain everyday. are there alternate plans just in case it rains everyday or just going to ride in the rain?
60-80 % on just one day. The rest are less than 50% and in the AM.
Yes, some alternatives are being researched. But I communicated with the Native American Weather Spirits - unless they speak with forked tongue, no rain during daylight hours.

Also, know that we will have a 20'x40' tent set up covering picnic tables and grills. The hotel rooms all have porched-roof entrances w/ Adirondack chairs. Group ride plans will still go forward, regardless, just easier pace. The Wheels Through Time Museum will be open.

If you wish, bring some DVDs that we can use for the outdoor movie setup - I have two scheduled already (see detailed itinerary on web site). Also, music play lists, although I also have some (I have Bose speakers for music). Board games would be fun too, if you can pack 'em.

EQ

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks like they cancelled the summer Thunder/Smokies rally next week, so small private events like the pow wow may be the way of the future for us bikers, I won’t rant here politically, I’ll save it for the campfire pit later this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,218 Posts
We are coming from Charleston SC, anyone from my area going up we can meet and ride up together.
I'm headed up from Charlotte, so if you're coming through my way, let me know about what time and maybe we can link up.

I'll be bringing both of my rainsuits, just in case . . . . . . .

BD

Reactions: Eeyore

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Rally Report:

56 registered
8 canceled
44 showed up
38-40 bikes

A terrific time, despite a little rain Thursday and Friday. However, Saturday and Sunday were spectacular. Most all planned rides went on schedule (see details on website). Only one (the longest one) got caught in some rain Sunday evening. Numerous forum members attended, but I didn't get all member screen names listed. Some I did identify were:
@Eeyore
@Suzy
@Jethro
@Big Dawg
@Gronk
@OL'55
@ChaCha

A few attendees were baptized with road names:
Deer Slayer
Pocahontas (Elizabeth Warren look alike)
Bridget "Bardot"
Rogue Vogue
Friday (real name: Jack Webb)

Thursday was cloudy, a little rain after dark. Friday was rain - off and on.

Saturday was beautifully sunny. Three different runs took folks on the Tail of the Dragon, Smokey Mt. Park and the Best of the Blue Ridge. That night we feasted on BBQ and Ribs, along with various potato salad, cole slaw, other extras and iced tea. The dinner was topped off with Peach and Apple Cobbler (all included in registration fee). The food was awesome! Later we had another joyous campire ring.

On Sunday, the Summer Solstice, @Woodmantim lead a 210 mile round trip run up the Blue Ridge Parkway to the highest mountain east of the Mississippi (Mt. Mitchell). There we performed a sacred Native American Smudging Ceremony on the bikes and riders.

Four full days of of the best motorcycle roads in the world, sumptuous meals, and the greatest friendships (new and old) were too short. Plans are already under way for next year!
A few pics here, but more on the website: TribalThunder.org

Beautiful Skies

Relaxing after a day's ride . . . (@Eeyore)

BBQ and Ribs Dinner

Daily Campfires

A Great Time Had by All !

·
Registered
231 Posts
Had a great weekend and enjoyed meeting everyone. Look forward to seeing everyone again next year, if not sooner! Stay safe all!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.