Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Sunday is May 24. Site sez page under construction. No shirts this year?
Wasn't sure if the event would be a "go" or not, so haven't set up shirt orders yet. Problem is, I had to order a minimum number, buyers purchase via web link. What is not purchased I am on the hook for. Will set it up this weekend, and post info here. However it will be a short window to purchase. What is not directly purchased will still be supplied to me. I can then have them available at the event. Thinking of not putting date on shirt, that way leftovers can be available next year too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ordered my shirt! Thanks, Quinn!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thank you, ordered mine just now.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have registered for the event and booked the room at A Holiday Hotel. I am very much looking forward to this event! I just have to order my tee-shirts now. I am hoping to do the ride from New York to North Carolina in 1 day (740 miles). I did it from Tennessee last year (730 miles ). Lets just hope the weather is nice. If anybody is riding down from the North east and wants to ride together let me know.

Reactions: SuzyD and ChaCha

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have registered for the event and booked the room at A Holiday Hotel. I am very much looking forward to this event! I just have to order my tee-shirts now. I am hoping to do the ride from New York to North Carolina in 1 day (740 miles). I did it from Tennessee last year (730 miles ). Lets just hope the weather is nice. If anybody is riding down from the North east and wants to ride together let me know.
We are hoping to ride down from DE, but are doing it in two days. We'll be in Roanoke on June 17-18 overnight at the Quality Inn. This is my first really long ride (more than a half day), so we didn't want to try to press all the way through.

Reactions: Cmiller

·
Registered
165 Posts
The king beds are sold out. I booked a room with 2 standard beds. Just give Rob a call at 828-926-1186
7 DAYS A WEEK 9AM-9PM. I called and booked over the phone.

Reactions: ChaCha

·
Registered
52 Posts
Denied leave #essentiallife lol you guys have fun be safe try again next year!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well I missed the first three pow wows, damn work! Really wanted to make the Chiefland FL event since i lived in Tampa for 25 years. But I'm in this year! Looking forward to meeting everyone, we'll be there Thursday through Sunday, just booked a room at Holiday.

·
Bronze member
1,261 Posts
Perfect location for a two festival. Don’t forget to hit up Wheels Through Time and of rooms run short and something slightly rustic is in mind. The Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground is about 12 miles away.

Wish I was attending but you know the deal. Cheers

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just got a reservation at Holiday Motel. I was kinda surprised getting a room there this close to the rally, but there was one available.
This will be the first Indian rally that I have attended. Western NC is beautiful country for a rally. Really looking forward to this.

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Just got a reservation at Holiday Motel. I was kinda surprised getting a room there this close to the rally, but there was one available.
This will be the first Indian rally that I have attended. Western NC is beautiful country for a rally. Really looking forward to this.
Welcome to the Pow Wow! You probably got the next to last room.
You'll love it. Low key and laid back, no drama, no knuckle dragging mentality. Riding is pristine in the area. Being our 4th annual event, we have an agenda that works well for everyone - organized group rides, nightly gatherings, campfires, S'mores, Bike Smudgin g, catered BBQ, and more. Be sure to visit the website to get a detailed daily schedule.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I booked my room last Tuesday and i believe there was only one or two left at the time. I may try to get there Wednesday eve after work, would have to trailer in to get there before dark, I'll bet my room is available for the extra night, Cherohala Skyway on Thursday sounds good. I've done it once and it's a great ride, gonna pass on the Dragon this year, done it enough. I'll be in laid back mode all weekend LOL!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I booked my room last Tuesday and i believe there was only one or two left at the time. I may try to get there Wednesday eve after work, would have to trailer in to get there before dark, I'll bet my room is available for the extra night, Cherohala Skyway on Thursday sounds good. I've done it once and it's a great ride, gonna pass on the Dragon this year, done it enough. I'll be in laid back mode all weekend LOL!
Did you get a discounted room rate for the rally? I booked mine yesterday and after looking at the email confirmation, it appears that they charged for the regular rate. Maybe I reserved too late?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did you get a discounted room rate for the rally? I booked mine yesterday and after looking at the email confirmation, it appears that they charged for the regular rate. Maybe I reserved too late?
I called the motel directly, mentioned the Indian pow wow and they quoted me $79 for thursday and $99 for friday and saturday plus taxes fees, so averages out to $102 nite with taxes and fees, which is the advertised rates on their website, no discount that i'm aware of. The wife registered us for the event with tribal thunder thru paypal. I used a CC to make the reservaton but they do not actually charge until check-in time so maybe discount will be added then? I'm not too worried, with everything going on these days, I like to support small businesses, especially if they are biker friendly, and it is Maggie Valley, one of my favorite places on earth!! LOL! If I mention MV to the average Joe, they usually reply "where the hell is that?" Mention it to another biker and they're like "Man, I got to go there one of these days" , if they haven't already been!! You wont be disapponted !!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I called the motel directly, mentioned the Indian pow wow and they quoted me $79 for thursday and $99 for friday and saturday plus taxes fees, so averages out to $102 nite with taxes and fees, which is the advertised rates on their website, no discount that i'm aware of. The wife registered us for the event with tribal thunder thru paypal.
I did the same way and got same price as you for the room. Oh well, no big deal. Should be more fun staying at the site motel than ones nearby.
See you at the rally!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I did the same way and got same price as you for the room. Oh well, no big deal. Should be more fun staying at the site motel than ones nearby.
See you at the rally!
10-4! Looking forward to it! I forgot to get a tee shirt but I think Quinn said he may have some at the event.

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
When I blocked the hotel for our event (in Jan), no discounts were applied. But all available rooms were blocked until mid-May. We have the whole hotel except for one room. This allows us to have parties, campfires, etc. beyong the normal 11pm quiet time.

Rob and Gabi (owners) are great people, riders, and understand biker culture. It'll be great.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.