Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Restoring a 1948 India Chief and can not figure out how the Clutch Pedal Friction Pin stays in.

I am 95% done with restoration, but when I tore it down the friction pin was missing so I purchased one along with a new friction washer. What I cant figure out is how the pin stays in the clutch friction plate.

Going off schematic as Jerry Engineering, it show the pin sliding into the back of the friction plate, but on my friction plate the pin is loose and just falls out.

Am I missing something or is it possible my friction plate is worn out?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
You should call Jerry and ask him. He's known to be very helpful on this kind of thing and is probably the most knowledgeable source you'll find. He's also not very likely (that's an understatement) to read this board, since Polaris has been less than accommodating to his long time interest in the brand, but that's another story. :cool:

·
Registered
417 Posts
You should call Jerry and ask him. He's known to be very helpful on this kind of thing and is probably the most knowledgeable source you'll find. He's also not very likely (that's an understatement) to read this board, since Polaris has been less than accommodating to his long time interest in the brand, but that's another story. :cool:
Jerry Greer sold the business around 15 years ago and retired. It's owned by Todd & Lore who moved it from Watertown to a really nice showroom/shop in Deadwood a couple years ago. Having said that the guys in the shop are very helpful and will gladly get on the phone with you and offer advice. Same goes for Robin at Bob's Indian in PA. He's a great guy and one of the most knowledgeable Indian wrenches in the country.

·
Silver member
5,292 Posts
Starklite and Kiwi Indian are also good sources...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.