Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the heading says the 116 kit should be at my local dealership within 4 days as it is due to be delivered to them on the 13 th of May. So then the anguish of waiting for the engine to be pulled out of the bike and installed with its new heart. I have been told that its about a 16 to 18 hour job ,I am not holing my breath getting it back within 3 working days and to be fair I prefer that they take their time do it correctly and have every nut and tilt ,electrical connection connected correctly so the bike runs trouble free for the rest of its little life. The hard part will be running it in again before having the Dyno and Power Vision done ,With deleting the cat and tuning I am hoping for some good numbers .More torque than all out top end power is cool how ever I will take all and anything they throw at me lol.My poor little Roadmaster wants some steroids .haha!!!

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Along with a good tune, the 116 kit will certainly give your RM some steroids! Book time is more like 12 hours but some dealers are faster or slower. I concur that slow and steady wins the race. I am not that impressed by just how far a flat-rate tech can beat book time, but rather by how many (or few) issues have to be dealt with later on. Best of luck and enjoy your ride!

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Along with a good tune, the 116 kit will certainly give your RM some steroids! Book time is more like 12 hours but some dealers are faster or slower. I concur that slow and steady wins the race. I am not that impressed by just how far a flat-rate tech can beat book time, but rather by how many (or few) issues have to be dealt with later on. Best of luck and enjoy your ride!
I know that my kit will be the first 116 kit they have done although they have done Victory`s in the past so not concerned .One thing the Service manager told me if his getting two of his best guys on the job and he will also be involved so between the 3 of them it should be excellent.I know the other Mechanics have done Harley big bore kits so that is a bonus as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As the heading says the 116 kit should be at my local dealership within 4 days as it is due to be delivered to them on the 13 th of May. So then the anguish of waiting for the engine to be pulled out of the bike and installed with its new heart. I have been told that its about a 16 to 18 hour job ,I am not holing my breath getting it back within 3 working days and to be fair I prefer that they take their time do it correctly and have every nut and tilt ,electrical connection connected correctly so the bike runs trouble free for the rest of its little life. The hard part will be running it in again before having the Dyno and Power Vision done ,With deleting the cat and tuning I am hoping for some good numbers .More torque than all out top end power is cool how ever I will take all and anything they throw at me lol.My poor little Roadmaster wants some steroids .haha!!!
I just signed the paperwork for my bike today (9 May 19) and I won’t pick it up until they install the stage 3 kit, I cannot wait!

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just signed the paperwork for my bike today (9 May 19) and I won’t pick it up until they install the stage 3 kit, I cannot wait!
They and when I say they Polaris / Indian want you to have your bike ran in and the first service due before doing the 116 kit here. I am not sure whats the difference between the USA and Australia other than we drive on the correct side of the road lol. But the install should be the same world over I would have thought. :cool:;):):rolleyes: omg I still have to wait a few days for the kit to arrive and getting like a kid waiting for Santa to come. Mind you Santa is not free his charging me to be excited lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thye and when I say they Polaris / Indian want you to have your bike ran in and the first service due before doing the 116 kit here. I am not sure whats the difference between the USA and Australia other than we drive on the correct side of the road lol. But the install should be the same world over I would have thought. :cool:;):):rolleyes:
I don’t know about waiting, but as far as I know they will install the kit when they get it.

·
Rider
461 Posts
I purchased a 2019 Chieftain Limited on 4/27/2019. I have not taken delivery yet because they are installing the 116 kit prior to delivery. The only thing I would want to wait until after engine break-in for would be tuning on a Dyno. However, some folks I have known have performed an engine break-in on a dyno immediately followed by a dyno tuning.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
They and when I say they Polaris / Indian want you to have your bike ran in and the first service due before doing the 116 kit here. I am not sure whats the difference between the USA and Australia other than we drive on the correct side of the road lol. But the install should be the same world over I would have thought. :cool:;):):rolleyes: omg I still have to wait a few days for the kit to arrive and getting like a kid waiting for Santa to come. Mind you Santa is not free his charging me to be excited lol.
No, in Australia they install the motors upside down.o_O

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Tomorrow is Monday the13th May so all going to plan the kit should arrive at the dealership and I get a call saying it is there and bring my bike in.I am starting to get a bit itchy and want this done this week so I can go for a good ride with my mate who just ordered and paid for his new 2019 Indian Chieftain LTD. that will be one of a few in Australia. It will be due for delivery around the same time my bike is due to have the surgery completed lol. We can both do some kms and run both bikes in while enjoying the new motor and new bike at the same time.The guys at Indian told my mate that only the corporate stores will get supplies this year until the 18 models are gone ,then the dealerships will start getting supplied the 19`s. I think that is wrong I know they need to clear their 18 stocks but a dealership should be able to get the 19`s if a customer wants one over the 18`s without going to a corporate store. Here in Australia we only have Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and not sure about Adelaide being corporate .

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
17NDNSTL I should add a nort and we could play north and crosses lol.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
And your water goes down the drain backwards. Lol.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got a call this morning Today 13th that the kit has arrived so, I am dropping the bike off in the morning day early but have appointments on Wednesday morning stopping me from dropping the bike off early.Last this is to hold the process up lol. Plus I need to get the rear header pipe from the dealership once they take it off and have a mate that owns a fabrication shop do the surgery on that and get the header back to the dealership so it will be ready for them. Iam hoping it should be ready by the end of the week and able too ( bring the old girl lol old she is 5 mths old ) home. If not it will be early next week which sort of does not bother me too much I don't want them rushing the job and prefer it done correctly along with double checking every detail to make it right the first time.My moto is do it once do it correctly .!!! ;):):cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts