Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
;) I went to that "marketplace" and searched for a "scout tank". Here is what I found :p:D
Not sure that guy is getting rich selling this and more of this kind :)
Scout tank.jpg

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Link is correct, just have to be a member of the group it looks like.

I'll see what I can do to pull the info out.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It was posted by Mykah Dean Speed Wilson. Same as Dean Speed custom sissy bars, I'm assuming. Anyway...

Scout Tank.jpg

Tank 1.jpg
Tank 2.jpg
Tank 3.jpg
Tank 4.jpg
Tank 5.jpg
Tank 6.jpg

That rusted out shit can looks cool too though.

·
Registered
308 Posts
A larger tank would be a critical step forward in providing better touring capability that's for sure. I'm not sure I'm too keen on the looks of the new scout fairing, but I definitely would love to test ride a scout with one to see the difference. If it's significant, it might be worth dropping the 2gs as I don't see the point of one without the other. There still are drawbacks though in that the scout lacks storage capacity and/or comfortability for a passenger.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my case, 2 G's plus a new paint job.

That's getting into sidecar territory and some tough choices for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When can we see a picture of one mounted on a bike next to a stock tank? Or at least a stock tank next to the bigger tank for a comparison?
If you search the internet or even Facebook, you can see them mounted. This post is a year old now. There are even pics of how it was done. It looks a lot bigger, in my opinion from the pics. I want to see one live

·
Registered
44 Posts
4.5 gal vs. 3.3 gal stock, lets see, that's 1.2 gallons extra capacity for $1250 + new paint job? sorry I'll pass on that and keep finding a gas station the 60 miles sooner.

props to the guy for trying though...

·
Rider
501 Posts
4.5 gal vs. 3.3 gal stock, lets see, that's 1.2 gallons extra capacity for $1250 + new paint job? sorry I'll pass on that and keep finding a gas station the 60 miles sooner.

props to the guy for trying though...
And i thought that $650 for a stock Honda tank was bad.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very nice! Bigger tanks better. Shame it costs so much though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts