Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

3rd Party Speakers w/Bluetooth Recomendations?

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Gande 
G
#1 ·
Does anyone have any recomendations on some handlebar mounted speakers? I am hoping for some with Bluetooth, but will settle for ones that require the wire. I am wanting some, but am not sure I want to wait around for Indian to finally stock them, nor pay the price they are asking.

G
#2 ·
I don't know much about them, but I am curious. Wouldn't you have to run wire to power them anyway? I'm just asking because I've always found bluetooth to be a bit glitchy and hard to work with.

G
#3 ·
Yes, you will need a wire for power, but you wouldn't need to have a wire hanging out for device connection. Bluetooth does tent to get a little spotty with distance and barriers, but how far away can you be if you are riding with your device? I have been looking for the same thing. Anyone have any leads on this one?
Pros? Cons?

G
#4 ·
I have my eye on these, but I have no idea how good they sound.
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycle-Sound-Systems/Kuryakyn-Bluetooth-Sound-Of-Chrome-for-1-in.-Handlebars/418965.html?gclid=CMzz48yP4roCFYdQ7Aodo0EAxA

G
#5 ·
G
#7 ·
18515 said:
I have my eye on these, but I have no idea how good they sound.
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycle-Sound-Systems/Kuryakyn-Bluetooth-Sound-Of-Chrome-for-1-in.-Handlebars/418965.html?gclid=CMzz48yP4roCFYdQ7Aodo0EAxA
Only fits 1' bars. Indian has 1.25' bars.

G
#8 ·
Don't see the sense of speakers. Much easier to use ear plugs/phones/buds and get better sound, and those around you (especially in town) don't have to listen to your music. One other thing about custom ear plugs, they also reduce unwanted sound/noice.

G
#9 ·
I currently have some nice Bose earbuds, but I don't like the wires feeding into my jacket, and having to reach up to my chin strap when I want to adjust volume or skip songs. More importantly, I don't like the ear buds because it tends to block out the traffic sounds around me. With external speakers, I should be able to listen to tunes, but also sense when there is a cager doing something stupid (hopefully).
These fit 1.25' handlebars:
http://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-831-Chrome-Generation-Speaker/dp/B008MHYWCA

#10 ·
I have the Kuryakin bluetooth speakers. I wouldn't recommend them. I bought the more expensive INDIAN branded ones (an additional $200)...they look good, but they are terrible! I can listen to about 4 songs before the sound stops coming through the speakers. I check my device and it's still playing, I check the bluetooth connection and it's still connected, but no sound. When I can hear the sound, it's not loud at all. I can't barely make out the music playing when i'm riding 30mph with a helmet on. I don't think the heavy price tag is worth these at all. I'm searching for some good speakers but so far, I haven't found anything worthy. I want to return these to the dealership.

I have gone back to using my earbuds with some really great headphones. These Klipsch earbuds are awesome because the buttons are nice and big, so you can advance your music with gloves on! (Image S4i Rugged In Ear Headphones | Premium Audio by Klipsch® The sound quality is really good too.

#11 ·
I have the Kuryakin bluetooth speakers. I wouldn't recommend them. I bought the more expensive INDIAN branded ones (an additional $200)...they look good, but they are terrible! I can listen to about 4 songs before the sound stops coming through the speakers. I check my device and it's still playing, I check the bluetooth connection and it's still connected, but no sound. When I can hear the sound, it's not loud at all. I can't barely make out the music playing when i'm riding 30mph with a helmet on. I don't think the heavy price tag is worth these at all. I'm searching for some good speakers but so far, I haven't found anything worthy. I want to return these to the dealership.

I have gone back to using my earbuds with some really great headphones. These Klipsch earbuds are awesome because the buttons are nice and big, so you can advance your music with gloves on! (Image S4i Rugged In Ear Headphones | Premium Audio by Klipsch® The sound quality is really good too.
Anne. You may want to try the "search" field on the top right. It appears there are 3 other threads referencing "speakers" but I didn't read through them and I don't have speakers on my bike. Maybe you can find some helpful info there?

#14 ·

#13 ·
I have the same issues of the Bluetooth cutting out on mine but have no problems when using the line in jack. Plenty loud for me and a passenger to hear music at 80+ mph. As far as earbuds, on my HD DWG I have some Emerson Bluetooth ones that work good but you do lose some ability to hear traffic around you more than with the speakers.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.