Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had new upgrade 2nd stage cams. The it would .not stay rumming.I brought it back to Indian Madison wi. theu redont the map.Its running good. a little back fires 3-4
but it workin ok..Now am I safe here to take it on a long run or is there something I should know? cutted the cat.put a high flow air KN. SOMEONE INFORM ME IF YOU CAN...

Sent from my SM-J737R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had new upgrade 2nd stage cams. The it would .not stay rumming.I brought it back to Indian Madison wi. theu redont the map.Its running good. a little back fires 3-4
but it workin ok..Now am I safe here to take it on a long run or is there something I should know? cutted the cat.put a high flow air KN. SOMEONE INFORM ME IF YOU CAN...

2014 cheiftian

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
If your going to de cat the header ,it will flow better ,but it will also be louder .The true benefit is that if you go down that track it gets rid of the heat from the rear jug and the air flows much better. Just a word of warning in a lot of cases it is illegal to remove the cat ,but depending on where you live ,you may be able to get away with it. Once you have finished your mods. and don't do this till you have done all you want to do get your self a PVCX or PV3 and a must tune to suit the mods and fuel your running ,the bike will run smoother than the Indian stage 2 generic tune and you will gain slightly more torque and h.p. Remember by adding a tuner and tuning the bike once you save the cost of doing it over and over ,so do all your mods. first then go for the rest.. Good luck and enjoy you bike cheers.

·
Rider
958 Posts
I agree with Geoff-3, if you get a PVCX (older model) or PV3 (the latest) from Fuel Moto, and upload their Stage 2 map, you'll find it better than the Indian, more torque, responsive throttle, and less popping, and def. no stalling.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I agree with Geoff-3, if you get a PVCX (older model) or PV3 (the latest) from Fuel Moto, and upload their Stage 2 map, you'll find it better than the Indian, more torque, responsive throttle, and less popping, and def. no stalling.
But don't do it till you have done all your mods you intend too do. That way you do it once and do it correctly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2014 cheiftian still has flaws.after 2nd stage..popen, it just about dies on idle. So I have a bro from another mother. Has a shop by Fond du Lac Wisconsin.Called MR.WIZZARDS. Hes professer on HD motors.He took a course on Indian Motorcycles. Hes going to remap it and put it on a Dyna . So thats where Im at.I might even get rid of the 2nd stage all togeather..ill stay in touch..

·
Rider
958 Posts
If you don't want to Dyno, before you get rid of the stage 2, get the PV3, buy it from Fuel Moto, have them send you a map, the decel popping will markedly decrease, and definitely no stalling or near stalling.
Or if you Dyno, and still not good, go with the PV3 before you remove stage 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts