Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a 2nd stage cam in my 14 cht.fuel Commander V Does anybody know what the horsepower? And the torque numbers are supposed to be

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
The trouble is that there are no set values for upgrades as there are too many variables between bikes (AC, pipes, fuel, etc) as well as between dyno machines (brand of dyno, weather conditions, operator etc.) Your Commander V will give different results from a PVCX as well, so more variables.

This is what I ended up with:
Indian HiFlow AC, stage 1 pipes, LLoyds 558 cams (a bit more beef than Indian cams), PVCX.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put a 2nd stage cam in my 14 cht.fuel Commander V Does anybody know what the horsepower? And the torque numbers are supposed to be

2nd stage cams used a fuel commander5 it came out 86 horse power 118 torqe . Sound good?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Why do the tq and hp lines cross at 4400 rpm in that chart?
Good question, and something I'd not noticed - my dyslexic brain does not do well with numbers so they slip past me.

Mostly it's because the scaling for HP and Tq is different on the page so it shows up out of whack in the chart, but in this case the scaling is the same. I'll run the question past the dyno guy.

I remember that when he was doing the tuning he had a problem as either the dyno machine or his control panel was trying to update itself online and got itself in a bit of a tangle. It might be a paper mismatch. It's over a year ago now so he might not remember.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Why do the tq and hp lines cross at 4400 rpm in that chart?
Normally, the cross-over is at 5252 rpm using the formula for calculating HP from TQ (TQ x RPM / 5252). Weird?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts