Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First demo ride at dealer here in Tucson this past August. Impressed me enough to plunk $500 down and join the wait. After hanging out on this forum in anticipation for 2+ months, reading all the sundry 'concerns' posed, I decided to ride up to the big motorcycle show in Phoenix where Indian was demoing along with other manufacturers. I wanted to get all analytical and answer some personal questions I had on a second demo ride. Before I rode, I noticed that anyone could walk over to the Harley, Victory, or Yamaha Star tents and just hop on a model and take it out. The Indian tent had loooonngg waiting lines...especially for the Scout. When I got there in the morning, the wait for the Scout was 2+ hours. I came back in the mid afternoon, and waited about 45 minutes. Our Scout model had, by far, the longest lines.

The ride: I'm 6'1" ~200lbs. Q1) The bike fit me. I'm not ordering the big man's extended gear package until I live with the stock set-up. Q2) The seat felt good, but I could feel that it might get 'tiresome' after a couple hours. It pretty much plants your tush in one position. Q3) Cornering clearance; This was a real concern (I'm coming of a Kawaski Ninja 1000 and really enjoy tucking into the corners at speed). Hey, this was a controlled demo ride on tertiary streets and I couldn't get really radical. I did manage to lag back some and take it hard around some 90 degree intersections at faster-than-advisable speed. I drug and ground through to the metal on both of the footpegs. No hard parts hit. Q4) the heat coming off the rear pipe didn't seem outrageous. It was a fairly hot day in Phoenix, maybe in the mid 90's(f). We were held up at a couple traffic lights and I didn't feel the heat emanating from the exposed rear pipe was an issue.

Overall, I can pretty much echo NickJ's objective take in his through review. I don't want to come off negative with the above, I came away with a big grin. Happy with my decision to purchase. This Scout is a hoot to ride. I'm still all antsy with anticipation of delivery.

Reactions: Scoutseeker

·
Registered
430 Posts
I did manage to lag back some and take it hard around some 90 degree intersections at faster-than-advisable speed. I drug and ground through to the metal on both of the footpegs. No hard parts hit
This is good to know. My Dyna frame would touch down on any turn that was faster than *moderate*.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts