Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appt Saturday to have mini apes installed on my Bobber Sixty.

Talk me into it and out of it.

Why get them? Why should I do something else?

I depending on y’all. Make me make the right decision.

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
I tried my friends bike with apes. I had trouble in slow parking lot corners. Albeit, I wasn't used to them.

Edit: but I like the way I look with apes. Super aggressive lookin.

Reactions: Next2Normal

·
Bronze member
2,878 Posts
This is easy..
You have to like the look of apes to get them.. Not everyone likes the look of apes.. At time of sale, you'll need your stock bars - to offer for those that won't ride with apes..

The best bang for buck for any Scout 60 has to be a Fuel Moto PV3 . A dead stock 60 gets a huge power increase from just the Fuel Moto Improved Stock tune. See the sticky (thread) on the S60 forum..

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I had the mini-apes on my Scout 60 from new so had no experience with the standard bars. The mini-apes were very comfortable, not real high to reach and my hands rested just under the level of my elbow. They looked like normal bars from the side but from the front the more vertical design of them made them look taller.

·
Premium Member
2020 Scout Bobber
309 Posts
Being tall, 6'3", the apes were a no brainer. With the stock bars I was laying on the tank. The 10" apes fit perfect, not so tall all the blood runs from your arms.

·
Bronze member
2,477 Posts
Depends on your riding style, height and general riding comfort level. With the Indian mid rise apes on my Chieftain my arms are pretty much 90 degrees straight out, shoulder height and a little wider than shoulder width. Just about perfect. I like the looks as well. Some say that the wind hits your hands more. I don't mind the wind, but then again I live in So Cal, cheers.

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
2016 Chief DH Stage II
800 Posts
FYI rule of them, is you'll fine without going ABOVE your shoulders.

but +1 for apes. i have a set of my Chief and i'm not sure i will ever go without them.

·
Registered
2021 Indian Challenger
48 Posts
I did the reduced reach bars because of the riding position of the standard bars on my scout 60, she's considerably more comfortable now and I'd have to imagine it will be the same with the APE's. I say go for it.

I have a PV3 from fuel moto (along with Rinehart slipons), and while it made a big improvement in performance, I should have done the bars first.

·
Rider
2019 Indian Chieftain DH In Black Smoke
1,366 Posts
I had the mini apes on my Victory Hammer which was my bike before my chieftain
I absolutely loved them. The look, the riding and had no issues with handling
They were really comfortable as was said my arms were not above my shoulders but straight out.
Some people like em, some don't
Its what you want not what someone else wants or likes
You're paying the bill
Just my .02

·
Rider
943 Posts
I added 10 inch mini apes to my Scout 60 a couple of weeks ago , absolutely love them:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for this post! I sat on a Scout yesterday with mini-apes and it’s more comfortable than mine. I’ll probably try to test one during the test days and eventually add them when I save up the cash. I would get the reduced reach, but they only come in chrome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did the reduced reach bars because of the riding position of the standard bars on my scout 60, she's considerably more comfortable now and I'd have to imagine it will be the same with the APE's. I say go for it.

I have a PV3 from fuel moto (along with Rinehart slipons), and while it made a big improvement in performance, I should have done the bars first.
I was actually thinking of getting a PV3 and tune next, but after reading yours and the rest of this string. I’ll probably do the mini apes next and the PV3 after those.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m telling you. Best decision ever. My clutch pull loosened up 75% (yes, my clutch was hard as **** to engage, seems to be a Scout thing) My stance is more comfortable. I cannot quantify the difference it has made. The only drawbacks are-

-stance change means sitting different=failings of comfort seat super obvious
-definitely need a different nacelle or fairing, the bars leave a lot super naked that I would cover. but nothing is making me pull the trigger on that since it’s a Bobber and nothing looks “right” yet

These bars should be stock on this bike. Period.

Here’s my lady

·
Registered
151 Posts
I’m telling you. Best decision ever. My clutch pull loosened up 75% (yes, my clutch was hard as **** to engage, seems to be a Scout thing) My stance is more comfortable. I cannot quantify the difference it has made. The only drawbacks are-

-stance change means sitting different=failings of comfort seat super obvious
-definitely need a different nacelle or fairing, the bars leave a lot super naked that I would cover. but nothing is making me pull the trigger on that since it’s a Bobber and nothing looks “right” yet

These bars should be stock on this bike. Period.

Here’s my lady
View attachment 606370
Wow that is a great looking bike!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts