Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All! Welcome to the 2022 Scavenger Hunt.

Here are the rules:

1. Please go out and ride, no old pictures or pictures from your garage or driveway.

2. Your motorcycle must be in the photo with the item.

3. When the item is found, please post the location and any interesting details about the item.

4. The member that finds the item gets to pick the next challenge at the time of the posting.

5. Unless specified by the challenge creator, signs, logos, murals, etc. of the item are acceptable (i.e current challenge is a windmill. A company that has a windmill in their logo is acceptable if you are not in an area with actual windmills).

6. Remember, we are an international forum. Please try to pick something where everyone could participate.

7. Please do not repeat items. A current list of all challenges will be maintained below.

8. If the item is not found within 7 days, the same member will pick another item.

As the winner of the Christmas lights challenge, @McGee gets to pick first this year!

Good luck and have fun!

-Brendan

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here is the list of challenges.

Current challenge is at the bottom of the list.
Challenges in bold have yet to be found and could be found at any time.

1. Sign with the word "New"
2. Digital thermometer sign with current temperature
3. Non-chain coffee shop
4. Statue of a dragon
5. Tire/wheel the size of your bike

·
Registered
2015 Scout
340 Posts
Ready to go hunting. No snow at the moment however, 32 degrees with freezing rain in the forecast followed by more snow. I'll be in as soon as the weather permits.

·
Registered
2018 Indian Motorcycle Scout Bobber Star Silver Smoke
343 Posts
Wishing you all a blessed New Year!

As I reflect upon the past two… and whilst sitting here in Omaha, helplessly waiting for word from my friends back in my Colorado home, glad they are safe and hoping their homes survived the Marshall Fire… trying to imagine that landscape where I rode so often a few months ago… (and bagged a couple challenges!)

2021 was so hard on so many… but 2022 is a NEW year, and I hope it is better for us all, than the past two years!

So my first challenge for 2022 is to find a sign with the word “NEW”… in any language!

Happy hunting, all - keep the shiny side up! 💜

·
Registered
2015 Scout
340 Posts
22 degrees out, the sun comes up in 45 minutes. No snow or rain today. To freeze or not to freeze? That is the question.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Aww crap! Here we go again!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm out until late February due to a move. I'll be chomping at the bit watching this thread. LOL

Phil

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I hope I can combine my first ride of 2022 with a hunt! Most likely that will be 10 to 12 weeks away.:cry:

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
177 Posts
I’m in, and I’ll play catch-up in the spring for the ones missed due to winter storage!
Happy New Year all, wishing you good safe riding!

·
Registered
2015 Scout
340 Posts
Expected high of 37. Still on the fence. Straight from New York pizza only 4 miles away.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Happy new year! Newtown Lane in Chesapeake, VA, where it is 77 degrees. Because everyone has been talking about temps, next challenge: a digital thermometer reading on a billboard, bank sign, Etc - something that a town or business owns and shows the current temp where you are. Ride safe.
Mike
Wheel Cloud Sky Tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
343 Posts
Happy new year! Newtown Lane in Chesapeake, VA, where it is 77 degrees. Because everyone has been talking about temps, next challenge: a digital thermometer reading on a billboard, bank sign, Etc - something that a town or business owns and shows the current temp where you are. Ride safe.
Mike
View attachment 665286
Wishing I were in VA right about now…
🥶
Product Font Screenshot Material property Technology

·
Registered
2015 Scout
340 Posts
Mike
View attachment 665286
Did you ride to the end of your street 🤨 still a lucky dog 26 degrees.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey all, weekend bump here.

I know a lot of people are stuck in bad weather so lets give the digital thermometer sign through the weekend and then @Miki6 can pick a different challenge if no one is able to get it. If all else fails, I might be able to brave the frigid Florida temps (lows near 60... brrrr...) and go for a ride on Monday :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,626 Posts
I've ridden in the 20s but right now there is way too much salt on our roads for me.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I’m out now looking for that blasted thermometer. The bank that I knew had one removed it! I guess it broke and they didn’t feel like paying for a new one.

• Haha
Reactions: bgillen35

·
Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Thunder Smoke
27 Posts
I’m out now looking for that blasted thermometer. The bank that I knew had one removed it! I guess it broke and they didn’t feel like paying for a new one.
I’ve been out for possible COVID exposure and rode by every old bank in North County San Diego- none to be found!

Just wondering why a Vegas member hasn’t ridden out to Baker yet.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I’ve been out for possible COVID exposure and rode by every old bank in North County San Diego- none to be found!

Just wondering why a Vegas member hasn’t ridden out to Baker yet.
I just got over Covid and today was the first day I wasn’t too loopy to ride. Tomorrow I’m hunting that dumbass temp sign.

Reactions: Miki6

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey all, weekend bump here.

I know a lot of people are stuck in bad weather so lets give the digital thermometer sign through the weekend and then @Miki6 can pick a different challenge if no one is able to get it. If all else fails, I might be able to brave the frigid Florida temps (lows near 60... brrrr...) and go for a ride on Monday :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
“Lows near 60”…. That’s just cruel! Today in Omaha we are eagerly anticipating a warm-up… to 40. If Bobber McGee wasn’t 500 miles away, I might try, if the lingering snow and ice would just go away

1 - 20 of 52 Posts