Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RM dark horse
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I prepare for the 2022 Hoka Hey 10,000 mile challenge, starting in Rapid city SD on 26 June, I'd like to take a minute to give a BIG shout out to Chris Schelle, the owner of Elkhart Indian Motorcycle.

Chris and his crew not only helped make sure my 2020 RMDH is ready for over 15,000 miles of adventure, Elkhart Indian Motorcycle also made a very generous donation to my chosen charity, Mile Monsters, Inc., along with my friends and family, for which I'm very grateful.

Mile Monsters, Inc., rides to collect money to help boys and young men afflicted with Dechennes muscular dystrophy. I'm hoping that together, we can make a difference.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Challenger...Sandstone Smoke
1,217 Posts
Good luck on your quest on this ride. I'll second the fact that Chris is a great guy and a true asset to the Indian dealership network. He has helped me in ways that no other dealer has in the past.

Take care and ride safe

·
Bronze member
3,731 Posts
keep us in the loop on your quest... what are the rules as far as your GPS on the bike? can you use it? or do you somehow have to inable it?

·
Registered
2020 RM dark horse
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
keep us in the loop on your quest... what are the rules as far as your GPS on the bike? can you use it? or do you somehow have to inable it?
Hoka hey rules:
No using GPS, no cell phone except in an emergency (honor system).
American made V twin motorcycles only.
The route is written turn by turn directions. No 4 lane roads.
You must raise money for a charity of your choosing.
You must sleep with your motorcycle. No motels or hotels.
You must install a fleet tracker GPS which is monitored by the HH team for safety.
There's a screening process to pass in order to be accepted to run the HHMC.
No speeding tickets. You must self-report and will be disqualified as a finisher.
You can group ride or go solo.

For me, it's the biggest challenge since I retired from the military.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I’ll made a pledge of .20 cents a mile for your highest milage day during the ride. Please pm me your ride follow along information.

My wife and I enjoyed following along on the last ride and it was a pleasure to contribute.

Iam sure others on this forum would support your effort if given a chance.

Highway 2

·
Registered
159 Posts
Luvdgl,

I know you named the charity. Do you mind posting a link for us to donate so you can keep track the amount you generated for this epic quest?

Thanks and ride safe.

·
Registered
2020 RM dark horse
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ll made a pledge of .20 cents a mile for your highest milage day during the ride. Please pm me your ride follow along information.

My wife and I enjoyed following along on the last ride and it was a pleasure to contribute.

Iam sure others on this forum would support your effort if given a chance.

Highway 2
I tried to PM you, but somethings not working. I'll do a separate post with better info on the Hoka Hey and how to follow and donate. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2020 RM dark horse
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luvdgl,

I know you named the charity. Do you mind posting a link for us to donate so you can keep track the amount you generated for this epic quest?

Thanks and ride safe.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll do a separate post about the Hoka Hey and how to follow thw riders and howto donate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts