Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, first post.

This is my first bike in about 15 years, I used to ride sport bikes exclusively and found GP/Reverse shifting more intuitive (even though I rarely rode on the track).

I found an old post on here that said it was the usual easy conversion/flipping the shift arm to enable GP shifting, however I found there was really no way I could set it up on my 2022 without the shift lever hitting the linkage when pressing down (upshifting). Did they change something with the geometry on the 2022 models that prevent this being configured this way, or am I missing something obvious?

I think I already took a little gouge out of the inside of the shift arm but it's not visible so no worries.

Let me know I appreciate it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do yourself a Favor and buy this. Use the inner hole

For Suzuki GSXR600 GSXR750 GSXR1000 Motorcycle Rearset Footpeg Gear Shift Arm US | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So interestingly enough...I did. But I think it had a burr in the bolt hole and it galled while I was trying to fit it at the same time switching to GP Shift. I was lucky to get it back off and the threads are trashed (trying to get the seller to replace). I wasn't able to determine whether it would have worked to enable reverse shifting, but I can say I've had no luck with the stock arm because of the lever hitting the linkage.

However it doesn't seem that that piece would have moved the linkage "inboard" far enough to alleviate the problem I'm having, so I still suspect some kind of geometry change on the 2022's that prevents it from working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have one on my 19 and 22. I never noticed any difference in where the linkage sits.

That is odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you tried reversing the shifting by chance? I'm going to tinker with it more but I really don't understand how the guy in this post got it to work without hitting...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts