Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

2022 Chief Seat

10544 57
SUCKS! Got my Chief (2022 Chief ABS) last week and didn't remember how poor the seat was. I have the forward controls and mid-rise bars on order so the next items are a better seat and perhaps a shorty windshield.
Anyone have any luck with the stock extended reach seat, or a 2 up seat?
How about windshields? Any good or bad ones?

Thx,
KevinL
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I never been a big fan of Corbin or Sargent seats as they always felt too stiff for me. I had a "17 Magnum X1 and the seat was perfect for me; I did 755 miles on it in June in one day, leaving Gatlinburg, TN at 7am and arriving home (So. FL) at 730pm. I was very surprised that I was that comfortable on the stock seat.

KL

· Registered
227 Posts
WOW I came from riding a Scout for three years with a stock seat and the Chief seat feels like I landed on marshmallows!!!

· Registered
2022 Chieftain Limited
125 Posts
Thanks - I never been a big fan of Corbin or Sargent seats as they always felt too stiff for me. I had a "17 Magnum X1 and the seat was perfect for me; I did 755 miles on it in June in one day, leaving Gatlinburg, TN at 7am and arriving home (So. FL) at 730pm. I was very surprised that I was that comfortable on the stock seat.

KL
Saddlemen also has a few options: Search - 2022 chief

· Registered
370 Posts
My Corbin seat came in today!!! Yay!!!! It came without the hardware to install it. Boo....so, I can look at it. Looks good, the maroon welt on the seat is close enough to the Indian maroon to work. They are mailing hardware out. We will see how long that takes.

· Premium Member
2022 Chief Darkhorse
826 Posts
I have the extended reach reach seat on mine - I’m 6’3” so I’d bought the seat before I got my bike! I don’t have any complaints for rides up to 2 - 3 hours, but I’d want a better seat for anything longer. I have mid controls on mine.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I came from riding a Kawasaki Z900 .... Chief Seat feels amazing haha
I had a Magnum X1 prior to my Chief - longest ride was 755 miles in 12.5 hours, and NO complaints afterwards!
I‘m 6’1” and find myself sitting on the back edge (metal?) - needless to say I can’t ride more than 45 min to an hour without a lot of tailbone pain.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the extended reach reach seat on mine - I’m 6’3” so I’d bought the seat before I got my bike! I don’t have any complaints for rides up to 2 - 3 hours, but I’d want a better seat for anything longer. I have mid controls on mine.
I have forward controls and mid-rise bars on order, effectively making it a Ruby Smoke Bobber, but I’ve been thinking about the extended reach seat as well; thought it might make sense to wait until I get them on to try new seats.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Corbin seat came in today!!! Yay!!!! It came without the hardware to install it. Boo....so, I can look at it. Looks good, the maroon welt on the seat is close enough to the Indian maroon to work. They are mailing hardware out. We will see how long that takes.
I’d love to see some pictures - whichseat did you get?

· Premium Member
2022 Super Chief Limited
281 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Got mine last week and it was missing the hardware too! While they are sending it out, it’s just a steel plate and a couple bolts so I fashioned a temporary fix until it comes from a mending plate.

The difference from stock is amazing! Feels completely different and so much more comfortable! I’m 6’1” and felt rather squished on the stock seat. Now it’s still a little tight but so much better! Once my forward controls actually come in it will be a perfect fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts