Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Senior member / rider
1,497 Posts
The repair is to replace the fork tubes and then basically a fork rebuild with gaskets, etc. Mine is done, but I have not picked it up yet, and likely won't until tomorrow, so I don't know the outcome. Stand by!
Standing by....

You must have a very good dealer. I'm surprised they'd do this give the bulletin Polaris sent regarding this. I hope it fixes it for you.

·
Bronze member
2,238 Posts
The repair is to replace the fork tubes and then basically a fork rebuild with gaskets, etc. Mine is done, but I have not picked it up yet, and likely won't until tomorrow, so I don't know the outcome. Stand by!
Thanks, but do you mean the fork cartridges, not the tubes? Looking forward to your outcome, thanks for reporting.

·
Bronze member
2,238 Posts
Thanks again, good info. It's interesting that the Inner Fork Tube P/N for the Super Chief is different than Chief Dark Horse. Probably doesn't matter, most all of these will need to be fixed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes it was both forks. 1 kit for both forks. 2 qts fork oil.

Inner tube part# 2209325
Hi, did you receive an official recall from Indian or did your dealer decide to repair the forks on their own?

·
Registered
2022 Super Chief Pearl White
11 Posts
I reported the issue to my dealer. The service guys had heard about it, so I went on the list to get it fixed when Indian came out with the fix and had the parts. It doesn't affect all bikes, so if you're having this issue I suggest taking your bike to Indian for assessment. Your sounds may not be this issue. It only took a couple hours top fix with an appt, and I also had other things done at the same time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I reported the issue to my dealer. The service guys had heard about it, so I went on the list to get it fixed when Indian came out with the fix and had the parts. It doesn't affect all bikes, so if you're having this issue I suggest taking your bike to Indian for assessment. Your sounds may not be this issue. It only took a couple hours top fix with an appt, and I also had other things done at the same time.
Thanks for the info 👍

·
Registered
2022 Indian chief dark horse
9 Posts
My Indian dealer said the noise is normal per Polaris I’m waiting to see if they open it up and fix it.

·
Registered
2022 Indian chief dark horse
9 Posts
So final update for now, Polaris got back to my dealer, the bike is safe to ride. They also said there is a fix but the parts aren’t available. They will be mailing out letters to those who brought their bikes in and didn’t get the noise fixed. The internals of the chief and chief dark horse compared to the ones with the shroud around the headlights. How true that is I don’t know. But I wanted to update the forum of what I was told

·
Senior member / rider
1,497 Posts
Well, at least it sounds like Polaris acknowledges the issue and will fix it if and when parts are finally available.
Thanks for the update.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts