Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,640 Posts
three different Roadmaster models... ones gonna lose.. any takers on which one? went to the build section and added stage 1 to all three models they are all very close in price
RMDH: 32500 (white smoke)
RML: 32400 (Crimson)
RM: 33100 (Crimson two tone)
keep in mind the Darkhorse and the Limited come with the factory fire and ice seat where as it's another $1000 on the classic..
and just for shits and giggles I did the Challenger making it a touring bike... added the trunk and passenger floorboards..
Challenger Tourer: 33600 (Blue)
keep in mind when you add the trunk on the build site you get the arm rests and audio with it.. it's going to be real interesting to see where the Challenger version of the Roadmaster comes in at (if it's released at all).. it's in the ball park for pricing now but no lowers, no heated seat or grips either

·
Registered
353 Posts
I purchased a RM DH in March great looking machine, but couldn't deal with the lack of wind coverage compared to the classic fairing. I was getting a lot of buffetting from underneath the smaller new style fairing.
I love the look of the RM Limited, but I hope they've looked into modifying it to provide better wind protection.

Another thing i hated was the rogue seat compared to the large original RM touring seat - it also rubbed against the new style saddlebag lids.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
RM Elite hasn't been released yet for 2021, either.

·
Bronze member
4,869 Posts
I purchased a RM DH in March great looking machine, but couldn't deal with the lack of wind coverage compared to the classic fairing. I was getting a lot of buffetting from underneath the smaller new style fairing.
I love the look of the RM Limited, but I hope they've looked into modifying it to provide better wind protection.

Another thing i hated was the rogue seat compared to the large original RM touring seat - it also rubbed against the new style saddlebag lids.

You do realize that both the classic faring and modern one are exactly the same size. The inside shells are the same. All they did was change the outside shell to have a more rectangular headlight and removed the turn signals. Also I know many riders that have moved from the choo choo train faring to the new one and had zero complaints about buffeting.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I agree, the locomotive fairing looks better. Haven't ridden one with the new fairing, but on looks, the locomotive is much, much better.

·
Rider
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2021 Roadmaster Elite will most likely have HD classic style one headlight setup. Jack Daniel's model was testing water per se and I am glad Indian make more model to appeal to masses. I personally prefer the locomotive style fairing

·
Administrator
20,552 Posts
Good-looking bike but I too would be concerned about a noticeable loss of wind and rain protection — looks like we lost a chunk of coverage. I’m looking forward to hearing from somebody who owned both.

And the Harley styling still bugs me...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,166 Posts
I'd like to see better pics of the colors. So far, I am far from being impressed

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Indian of auburn had one of those burgundy RM limited's on the showroom floor last weekend. This photos don't do it justice. Beautiful in person.

·
Bronze member
2,477 Posts
Dang, $32K to $33K. Prices jumped a bit.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well that paint color in these pics look pretty amazing. Not a fan of no fog lights. And heard about maybe changing the fairing. Sad they did it. But nice pics they made. Good strategery to have the building number be 1901. Gorgeous bike for sure!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Indian of auburn had one of those burgundy RM limited's on the showroom floor last weekend. This photos don't do it justice. Beautiful in person.
I bet it is, and same with the new Thunder Black Azure. My local dealer has one and the color (and bike) looks amazing.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You do realize that both the classic faring and modern one are exactly the same size. The inside shells are the same. All they did was change the outside shell to have a more rectangular headlight and removed the turn signals. Also I know many riders that have moved from the choo choo train faring to the new one and had zero complaints about buffeting.
The dash side view of the fairing may be the exact same specs, but In my personal experience the wind protection was a significantly different experience from the 2 previous RM that I have owned a 2018, 2019 previously and now currently 2020. YMMV everybody has their own riding experience.

As I mentioned I purchased the RM DH in march and put about 2200 miles on it and never could get comfortable with the wind difference coming from underneath the new style fairing.

Speaking only for my experience, I typically don't wear goggles on my previous RM's, but I was getting so much more wind underneath my 3/4 helmet that goggles were a necessity.

I personally am much more comfortable on the RM touring seat, and with the new style bags on the RM DH that seat is too wide and the lids rub marking up the paint. The rogue seat for me was not as comfortable. There was also a unusual gap under the trunk where the rogue seat didn't extend to the trunk.

I work with 3 dealers in FL and GA and their DH models have been very sluggish in sales. I was thinking it might go the way of the RM Classic with all the leather, i think it was only available for 2 model years due to lack of sales.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up the 2021 RM limited Crimson 2 months ago and we really like it. I don't know the difference of wind protection between the train style fairing and mine as I have never ridden the train style I do like the looks of the Train style fairing). I was out test riding HD's and my wife said she likes the look of Indians so we went to the nearest dealer. The salesman mentioned they just received the first 2021 RM limited and showed it to us in the Crate. It was sold before they uncrated it. I have not seen another yet, I'm sure there will be more as time goes on. The only disappointment I had was waiting for it an Extra week after I paid for it. The charging system and TPMS sensor had to be replaced as it was faulty from the factory. They had to pull the parts from the factory assembly line as there was a lengthy wait for parts. A factory rep told the salesman that the factory has had some issues due to COVID and they have been slammed trying to produce bikes as fast as they can (I guess their quality control has suffered some). Other than that little week long issue its been a nice ride and I get many good comments.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts