Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Cards on the table. I just fell in love with motorcycles over the covid lockdown. I got the balls to take a class and get my licence which was my first time ever on the a bike. Then the next week bought an 2021 Indian Scout Bobber, I just fell in love with the look of the bike....

So I love everything about it, but I want to replace the exhaust (I think) because it simply isnt loud enough. I like the performance and not really looking to change that, I just want it to growl at rest and bark when Im riding.

I think I need a new exhust. Id like one that looks similar, I dont like the wavy or short ones, but just one that sounds better.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I tried to read through, but there are too many things to consider for my infant motorcycle mind to wrap my head around.

I just want it louder and to not void my warranty. Price really isnt a factor, I just dont want to do something similar to buying $100 HDMI cables.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sounds like you might just want a stage 1 exhaust upgrade from Indian. Or check out the baffle removal where you drill a hole through the baffles in the stock muffler to release more sound

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
TAB and Freedom performance exhaust make slip ons that are louder but not over the top. Also the Indian Shorty slip ons have a nice beefy sound as does the Indian 2 in to 1 system. There are a lot of sound clips on YouTube.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,802 Posts
I've got the TAB longs on my 2019 Scout and they are pretty close in size and length to the stock mufflers. Mine are chrome with black tips but you can get them in black. I got the 1.75 inch diameter baffles in mine and they are plenty loud enough for me.
74532310_1306932826132955_1145003981504774144_n.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys,

Cards on the table. I just fell in love with motorcycles over the covid lockdown. I got the balls to take a class and get my licence which was my first time ever on the a bike. Then the next week bought an 2021 Indian Scout Bobber, I just fell in love with the look of the bike....

So I love everything about it, but I want to replace the exhaust (I think) because it simply isnt loud enough. I like the performance and not really looking to change that, I just want it to growl at rest and bark when Im riding.

I think I need a new exhust. Id like one that looks similar, I dont like the wavy or short ones, but just one that sounds better.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I tried to read through, but there are too many things to consider for my infant motorcycle mind to wrap my head around.

I just want it louder and to not void my warranty. Price really isnt a factor, I just dont want to do something similar to buying $100 HDMI cables.

Thoughts?
I love my Vance and Hines!! They won’t void any warranties either I put them on the bike with 13 miles on it. I asked pretty much everyone who would listen what does and does not void warranties. The owner of Holeshot performance basically said don’t alter the engine internals itself, other than that it’s fair game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome guys, thanks for the feedback! And your bikes are beautiful!

I think I am going with the Vance Hines pipes, the dealership will order and put them on for 1170 bucks. Since Im at my 500 mile service, I touight they could just slip them on, but no go. They are coming in at about 399 for the pipes alone. Man I cant wait!.

·
Bronze member
1,886 Posts

I think I am going with the Vance Hines pipes, the dealership will order and put them on for 1170 bucks. Since Im at my 500 mile service, I touight they could just slip them on, but no go. They are coming in at about 399 for the pipes alone. Man I cant wait!.
1170 bucks?
That was some off the wall quote!

But at $399, you'll have to add about an hour or so in labor costs.
But still cheaper than $1170.

My recommendation is to also look at the RCX slip ons.
They offer two finishes and a variety of tips to suit your taste. Also less than $400.

·
Rider
1,200 Posts
1170 bucks?
That was some off the wall quote!

But at $399, you'll have to add about an hour or so in labor costs.
But still cheaper than $1170.

My recommendation is to also look at the RCX slip ons.
They offer two finishes and a variety of tips to suit your taste. Also less than $400.
I believe that's with the cost of the 500mi service as well. Which sounds about right. If the OP would like to save ~$200 you could install the pipes yourself and then have the dealer flash the computer along with the 500mi service. But if you are a novice and or are lacking tools. Getting to the mounting nuts and bolts could be troublesome.

·
Bronze member
1,886 Posts
I believe that's with the cost of the 500mi service as well. Which sounds about right. If the OP would like to save ~$200 you could install the pipes yourself and then have the dealer flash the computer along with the 500mi service. But if you are a novice and or are lacking tools. Getting to the mounting nuts and bolts could be troublesome.
If you buy a good set of aftermarket mufflers, you will get all the needed hardware and your dealer cannot reflsh the ECU unless you buy Indian accessories.
Aftermarket pipes are fine if all else stays as bought.

·
Rider
1,200 Posts
If you buy a good set of aftermarket mufflers, you will get all the needed hardware and your dealer cannot reflsh the ECU unless you buy Indian accessories.
Aftermarket pipes are fine if all else stays as bought.
You're half right. The dealer can still flash the ECU. The OP will most likely have to purchase a calibration card. I figured since the dealer is ordering the aftermarket pipes for him, that they are equipped to flash the bike.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Wayyyyy too much. I would trust my 13 year old brothers to put them on it was so easy and the only thing they know is video games. Took me 20 minutes and 1 beer.

You can 100% ride with the stock flash on your eco because your not changing your primaries, your only changing your back pressure which won’t hurt the bike stock. I just wouldn’t put 5k miles on it stock imo.

Check out EJK tuners, easy and simple enough. Get an intake as well. Those really helped wake up the bike.

·
Rider
1,237 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys,

Thoughts?
check this out Shorty Slip-On Exhaust

·
Registered
777 Posts
The stage 1 intake plus calibration card produces quite a bark when you get on the throttle, even with the stock pipes. I was really surprised how good it is, and cheap!!

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Rider
1,237 Posts
FYI, mine has a modded stock exhaust

best friend pulled the cans, chopped them down, cut the end ring off, welded back onto the cut end, took the baffles out and bolted it back up

not bad for "free ninety free"

F9B9ABC8-AFE0-4A9A-B98A-F18E016205D1.jpeg
AC657302-D329-4E5A-8403-BA01F5A491F9.jpeg
5003607A-9BD6-4E3F-9DFA-A76ACB8ECB19.jpeg

Reactions: ryder32244

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love my Vance and Hines!! They won’t void any warranties either I put them on the bike with 13 miles on it. I asked pretty much everyone who would listen what does and does not void warranties. The owner of Holeshot performance basically said don’t alter the engine internals itself, other than that it’s fair game.

I have these with the wrapped baffles. They are awesome upgrades and the bike performs exceptional with them. The sound is very solid. Not too loud just a solid sound from the bike. Highly recommend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts