Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the world of Indian, when do the next year models typically hit the dealers' showrooms? Is it around September in the Fall or is it closer to January of the next year? I'm eager to see what they do to the Challenger for 2021.

Thanks for any insight!

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
In the world of Indian, when do the next year models typically hit the dealers' showrooms? Is it around September in the Fall or is it closer to January of the next year? I'm eager to see what they do to the Challenger for 2021.

Thanks for any insight!

Indian the past 4 years has announced new models the first 2 weeks of October. Considering all the sales that end September this year, they are on par for the same. As for the Challenger they are throwing on a Roadmaster Trunk.

I doubt we will see anything real big but who knows.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was thinking recently how much leaked spy photos about the Challenger last year. It actually created quite a bit of hype about the bike months before it arrived in October.

I haven't seen or heard any rumors about 2021 model drops at all this year. Hmmmmmm

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,312 Posts
I wonder just how much the pandemic has impacted the development and bringing out of new models. Perhaps Polaris has decided to just wait another year on bringing them to market.

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
730 Posts
i think this year will be more accessory and clothing/marketing driven than new features. we may see some new paints, but that will be about it.

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
I was thinking recently how much leaked spy photos about the Challenger last year. It actually created quite a bit of hype about the bike months before it arrived in October.

I haven't seen or heard any rumors about 2021 model drops at all this year. Hmmmmmm
the challenger spy photos had been around for over a year. And when they announced the 2020 models in October last year. The challenger was absent only to be announced mid November. Mostly was due to a delay getting EPA compliant on the engine.

But like others said. No real new models, a touring package for the Challenger, paint driving lights for the Chief Glides, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Am I the only person who thinks the 2021 models will feature VVT? I thought Euro 5 emissions regs went into effect on 1/1/21 for models around pre 2020, so that would be the deadline for all of indians' bikes to be Euro 5 compliant, with the exception of the challenger.

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
On another thread someone posted that the Challenger Base model is either changing to metallic black color or is adding that color. And the Base is going up a grand. Take it with a grain of salt. I tried searching for more but got nothin'

·
Bronze member
3,064 Posts
wouldn't surprise me on the price increase... a standard Chieftain with a 116 is 2 grand more than a standard Challenger... you'd really have to hate the looks of the Challenger or love the looks of the Chieftain in order to buy a Chieftain when compared

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
A little "bird" on an Indian reservation told me that the NEW Model Year Challengers will be on showroom floors sometime in September! Was also told about a few "new" colors.....one of them being a burnt orange Challenger Dark Horse. You didn't hear it from me....but more chasing The Motor Company with that color scheme!!!

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
A little "bird" on an Indian reservation told me that the NEW Model Year Challengers will be on showroom floors sometime in September! Was also told about a few "new" colors.....one of them being a burnt orange Challenger Dark Horse. You didn't hear it from me....but more chasing The Motor Company with that color scheme!!!

I was on another reservation and the Chief told me September 15th, and the Burnt Orange is a go

·
Registered
178 Posts
They had that color on a Victory Cross Country, but I don't remember the year. Looked great and was one of my favorite matte paint colors on tbe Vics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Full size cruiser? The Challenger is the same size as the Chieftain/Roadmaster bikes. They will be offering a standard Roadmaster Trunk for the Challenger as well as a slim version for those bikes as well.
I guess when I say cruiser, I mean a bike I mean a bike that doesn't have a windshield or fairing built into the bike. I think of sportsers, scouts, shadows, chief, etc. So really I hope they put the engine into the chief or a bike similar to the chief.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts