Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had made up my mind that a new Chief Vintage was the way to go, but shouldn't the 2021 be out within a month? I am wondering if it might be worth waiting. If there is no difference, I don't see a reason to wait for 2021, but if there is... Have their been any leaks about what the 2021 Chief Vintage might change?

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
It's always nice to see if they have any new color combos or return any of the older combos...

Reactions: art.kondakov

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not too worried about that, I still want the black. But if they do something like the 116 as standard, or something else that would be a substantial change, I would be upset for not waiting.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,443 Posts
I am not too worried about that, I still want the black. But if they do something like the 116 as standard, or something else that would be a substantial change, I would be upset for not waiting.
I’d wait and if there’s no big changes you’ll get a better deal in a leftover 2020 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, not worth waiting for savings on a 2020, just more worried about buying a 2020 and immediately regreting it because something big comes in 2021

·
Bronze member
3,436 Posts
so no straight Chief and now no Dark Horse?... I kind of understand due to the pricing standpoint of the Vintage vs. them.. but still no standard bike is kind of amazing

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,251 Posts
I suspect they will do the same thing with engine displacement increases as they did with Victory. The 116 cubic inch motor will become the standard Thunderstroke at some point.

·
Registered
410 Posts
dealerships didn't start pricing down leftover 2019 models until about April of this year
I purchased my 2019 in April of this year. I saw crazy savings on my Chief Vintage. This bike is really the bike I would choose over any other bike.

There's just something about it. People ask to photograph it about half the time I stop. Even riders of other brands.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So I had made up my mind that a new Chief Vintage was the way to go, but shouldn't the 2021 be out within a month? I am wondering if it might be worth waiting. If there is no difference, I don't see a reason to wait for 2021, but if there is... Have their been any leaks about what the 2021 Chief Vintage might change?
A friend who has ordered the new Gentleman Jack and showed a close up of the engine. It appears the exhaust ports and headers in the head are redesigned for 2021. Maybe Indian is addressing the heat and glowing head complaints from the past.

·
Bronze member
4,159 Posts
A friend who has ordered the new Gentleman Jack and showed a close up of the engine. It appears the exhaust ports and headers in the head are redesigned for 2021. Maybe Indian is addressing the heat and glowing head complaints from the past.

The redesign looks more like they removed the attachable cylinder fin cover that made it look like the bike had downward exhaust flow like the old 1940's power plus engines had. The pipes look like they still bolt up the same. Most pipes on bikes glow red. Just Indian didn't cover the pipes with enough of the heatshield so you couldn't see it.

jack-daniel-s-indian-roadmaster-dark-horse-limited-edition-engine-detail.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
It is the first one I have ever owned that I noticed glowing. I do a lot of night riding and above 45 it is quite noticeable on this bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts