Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

2021 Challenger Differences

16K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  TechRider 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Lets talk about the 2021 Challenger differences from the 20 models. The first I've noticed is the new location of the power switch.

Overall, I think I like that change.

It's hard to tell from that picture but it looks like the dash may be shiny as well with the ride command cut out slightly different.

See less See more
#26 ·
Just saw in the video where the Pathfinder driving lights mount. Kind of an interesting location and will have to see in person.
Not a fan. I'll be adding Clearwater LED running lights to the front highway bars. Pricey, but first class lighting Made in USA. Darla (Indian Chieftain)

Reactions: jwelsh0787
#18 ·
009, time to pull the trigger....and roll on the throttle. What are you waiting for?!??!? As much as you love your Chieftain, you'll never ride it again. I haven't ridden my 15 Chieftain since purchasing my Challenger in March....and that was almost 12,000 miles ago!! Go for it. The bike gets better with every (s)mile!!!
Simple answer ... if I took out a loan for a new bike ....

Yeah, she's only 95lbs but she's Sicilian and part Cherokee ... I'm scared sh##less of her! :)

#22 ·
Hello Everyone,

Lets talk about the 2021 Challenger differences from the 20 models. The first I've noticed is the new location of the power switch.
View attachment 605600

It's hard to tell from that picture but it looks like the dash may be shiny as well with the ride command cut out slightly different.
Looks like the handle bars are more upright and the grips set accordingly.
They should now make that old power button into a double USB port.
The running lights appear to be mounted using that fastener on top of radiator cover. I was planning on using that same location to mount a set of Chieftan blinker / running lights after I fab a small bracket. Those lights look too big for that location.

#25 ·
... I am 6'4. 34 inseam. Any input form tall riders? RM fits me with lowering floor boards and changing the seat. Thank for the input.
Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I have a 17 Vintage with a Tallboy seat and Aeromach brackets and like it (6' 2"). I got the base Challenger with the extended reach seat. Not quite as comfortable, but still worth it.

And BilletProof designs took over the Aeromach product line and inventory - fingers crossed they fabricate a Challenger bracket.

#27 ·
I agree on the clearwater lights. I got a set on my RM that I have moved every time I upgrade the bike. I'll be taking them with me if I get a chance to buy the challenger.

#28 ·
The only negative about the fixed fairing is that you have to point the bike where you want the light and can't turn the handlebars. I mounted my motolights on my brakes and now I get a little of that back. Not used often but nice if needed.

#33 ·
Hello Everyone,

View attachment 605600

They did the power port power button change on all the 2021 Thunderstroke models. They had the same thing on the 2021 Chieftains and Roadmasters at the dealer last Friday. It’s a power port the same as what’s on the battery tender except it’s chassis mounted.

Sorry, just saw this was already said on a previous post.

(I miss the post delete button they use to have before the changes)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.