Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Lets talk about the 2021 Challenger differences from the 20 models. The first I've noticed is the new location of the power switch.

Overall, I think I like that change.

It's hard to tell from that picture but it looks like the dash may be shiny as well with the ride command cut out slightly different.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just saw in the video where the Pathfinder driving lights mount. Kind of an interesting location and will have to see in person.

Reactions: IndianAZ

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better shot of the driving lights:

Not really a fan, I like mine better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it's like the other 2021 models there's a trickle-charge connector underneath where the power switch used to be, just saw this on a Chieftain at the dealer on Friday.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That'd be great for heated gear, etc.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
Any status about NEW colors?!?!? Heard that there was a burnt orange Dark Horse on the assembly line!! What happened? Nothing on Indian's website about new colors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any status about NEW colors?!?!? Heard that there was a burnt orange Dark Horse on the assembly line!! What happened? Nothing on Indian's website about new colors.
Only new color added is Thunder Black for the base model. So now there are 2 colors for the base model.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Only new color added is Thunder Black for the base model. So now there are 2 colors for the base model.
Do you know what the difference is between Thunder Black and Thunder Black Smoke? I ask, because when I look at the newly posted trunk options, they show both Thunder Black and Thunder Black Smoke. They look the same to me, except that the silly chrome piece on the back of the trunk is properly blacked out in the Thunder Black version. Whereas it is still chrome in the Thunder Black Smoke version. For that reason alone I would order the Thunder Black trunk instead of the Thunder Black Smoke trunk for my dark horse challenger. But I am not sure if there is some other color difference that I am just not seeing....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do you know what the difference is between Thunder Black and Thunder Black Smoke? I ask, because when I look at the newly posted trunk options, they show both Thunder Black and Thunder Black Smoke. They look the same to me, except that the silly chrome piece on the back of the trunk is properly blacked out in the Thunder Black version. Whereas it is still chrome in the Thunder Black Smoke version. For that reason alone I would order the Thunder Black trunk instead of the Thunder Black Smoke trunk for my dark horse challenger. But I am not sure if there is some other color difference that I am just not seeing....
Thunder Black Smoke is flat black for the DH model.

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
009, time to pull the trigger....and roll on the throttle. What are you waiting for?!??!? As much as you love your Chieftain, you'll never ride it again. I haven't ridden my 15 Chieftain since purchasing my Challenger in March....and that was almost 12,000 miles ago!! Go for it. The bike gets better with every (s)mile!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
DH loses Sandstone Smoke and it’s replaced by Bronze Smoke also.
Not sure how I feel about that......
I have the Sandstone Smoke, so on one hand it's like a limited production, on the other hand it could make getting factory painted parts that much more difficult.....

·
Rider
666 Posts
009, time to pull the trigger....and roll on the throttle. What are you waiting for?!??!? As much as you love your Chieftain, you'll never ride it again. I haven't ridden my 15 Chieftain since purchasing my Challenger in March....and that was almost 12,000 miles ago!! Go for it. The bike gets better with every (s)mile!!!
Simple answer ... if I took out a loan for a new bike ....

Yeah, she's only 95lbs but she's Sicilian and part Cherokee ... I'm scared sh##less of her! :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought the same thing, I used psychological warfare for 3 months to get mine! :LOL:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts