Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see one of the new Thunderstroke 116 engines with TAB exhaust. Plain stock it has a really nice and deep rumble. Anybody got TABs on one yet?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it. 2020 Indian Chieftain Limited with the stock 116", I did the Tabs with cat delete and zombie baffles. Sounds amazing....and loud.
Awesome brother!!! Did you do the Indian Stage 2 kit too? Post a clip (not in the garage) if you can!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have tried 3X to attach a video. Wont work. I did lloyds 558 cams, voodoo intake, tab zombies with cat delete and power vision tuner. Stock throttle body (56mm) and fuel injectors (whatever comes with the stock 116"). If you have an email I could send a shot video or 2.
106 hp and 129 ft./lb.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried 3X to attach a video. Wont work. I did lloyds 558 cams, voodoo intake, tab zombies with cat delete and power vision tuner. Stock throttle body (56mm) and fuel injectors (whatever comes with the stock 116"). If you have an email I could send a shot video or 2.
106 hp and 129 ft./lb.
Sent you my email on a PM. Thanks!!!

·
Bronze member
3,938 Posts
106 hp and 129 ft./lb.

You can't attach videos to the forum, you can only link to their location on a video hosting site like YouTube.

·
Registered
62 Posts
106hp and 129tq seem to be on par with previous models bbk. Don’t get me wrong, they’re good numbers and make for a fun ride, but Polaris did hype up the new and improved heads on 2020 models. I guess I was expecting a bit more out of that. I guess this answers that question.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2020 with a factory 116” as well. Indian high flow intake and tab zombie baffles. Has anyone tried the torque inserts through tab? I’ve heard that if you decat and have the zombie baffles you lose power without the torque cones? Any validity to this? Just asking before I buy the Tab header and do the 585 cams.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is mine with exhaust footage at the end. Low revs and in the garage so sorry for that. I plan on making a better one with acceleration runs on the street to get a better idea of the sound.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I did the Cat delete and Tab with Zombies. I did not do the torque cones (1st Ive heard of em). Also have the stock throttle body (was told it does not make too much of a difference for the money). Also I am runnin the Lloydz 558's. Heard those are for higher torque but only up to 2500-3000 rpm's, and the 585's are slighty higher hp than torque and run rhe power curve higher rpm's over 3000.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah Tab actually makes the torque cone inserts to help with the torque curve when you are running open cat and zombie baffles. I’d be curious to see if they make a difference. On another note have you noticed your left exhaust outlet has a lot more exhaust gas coming out of it? My left one is hotter than my right one also. Not sure if they were that way with the stock slip-ons or if it has something to do with the Tab Zombie baffles. I can’t imagine so but it just seems odd to me. Curious is anyone else’s exhaust is that way or not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I havnt noticed the left side run hotter. The bike just throws out a ton of heat...I do know that. Maybe it is that way with the cat still in yours? Just a guess? And someone commented they werent all that impressed with the numbers of the stock 116" with the cams and all the add-ons I have done and others have done. Indian claims a stock 126 tq (and that is from the motor, not the rear wheel - stock at the wheel was 80 hp and 102 tq.) On the dyno at the wheel...I increased over 28 ft./lbs. and 26 hp. From everything Ive seen and read...the bbk maybe puts out 97-98 hp and 120-121 tq. For the money to do a 111 to a bbk is spendy imo and alot of mods when one can get a factory setup, not tear down a motor and with cams and a dyno tune...get better numbers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with you. I think your numbers are good and there is a lot of variability between dynos but those are great numbers. I’m goin to do the Tab performance header and the Tab torque cones with 585 cams here pretty soon and I’ll post the numbers. Probably will do the Lloydz remote tune service through my dealer as they say it won’t void the warranty. Before that however I’m going to get a dyno “baseline” and by baseline I mean with the current setup of zombie slip-ons and the Indian high flow intake with the factory Indian tune that comes with the intake. I’ll post numbers when I get them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I can't wait for my Tabs to arrive with the Zombies. Just on a 111 Roadmaster, but all the other videos I have heard they sound great! And on this motor too in these vids. Can't wait!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well I'll post this video here, too as I have in other threads just in case someone comes across it later looking for sounds, too. I do a comparison of stage 1 and with the Zombies. Description has time stamps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts