Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this yet? The dealer is saying this will match the performance of the 116BBK.

The stock sound of the 2020 116 is not really that deep sounding. I'm not looking for loudness.

In order to use the $500 off $2k coupon, just doing stage 1 won't get me to the $2k in parts. lol

Just wondering if anyone has done the stage 2 on the 2020 and if they like it?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,103 Posts
I'm not sure if the compression is as high as on a kitted 111 motor. Stage Two vs. Stage 3 camshafts isn't certain either. Supposedly the newer heads flow better though. Somebody should do a comparison.

·
Bronze member
3,399 Posts
compression ratio is the same between the two.. I think the stage II cams for the factory 116 are the same cams as the BBK.. the heads do flow better on the newer motor.. I don't know if that would affect performance or not.. but your dealer is right... you have to go to stage II on the factory 116 to equal the BBK in performance

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure someone has already done stage 1 & 2.
I have had some experience with the stage 1 on the new 116, but I'm curious about what the stage 2 brings to the table.

Indian quotes a 17% increase in performance.

Personally I am not a rider that looks for loudness, although a lower tone than stock is nice. For me it wouldn't be worth it if it made the bike much louder or if I experienced a loss in MPG.

I haven't seen any reviews on this setup on the 2020 116 models.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just had this done on 5-15-2020 on my 2020 roadmaster. The bike is much louder than I want it to be so that’s a problem and as far as any power increase, I’m not feeling it. There seems to be a “flat spot” in the throttle when I roll it on. I am going to call the dealer next week and see if there are any options on the mapping. To me so far it just seems like the bike is much louder and no increase in performance. I put 2k miles on this bike before the mod so am pretty familiar with how it felt prior to the work.

·
Rider
1,034 Posts
I just had this done on 5-15-2020 on my 2020 roadmaster. The bike is much louder than I want it to be so that’s a problem and as far as any power increase, I’m not feeling it. There seems to be a “flat spot” in the throttle when I roll it on. I am going to call the dealer next week and see if there are any options on the mapping. To me so far it just seems like the bike is much louder and no increase in performance. I put 2k miles on this bike before the mod so am pretty familiar with how it felt prior to the work.
Your Roadmaster was upgraded with a performance intake, a performance exhaust, and Indian Stage 2 cams, and flashed with the Indian Stage 2 flash and you can't feel any difference in performance?

I would get a PV3 from Fuel Moto USA and a tune map from CragB1960, that will wake things up and fine tune the Stage 2 setup at the same time

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,607 Posts
Your Roadmaster was upgraded with a performance intake, a performance exhaust, and Indian Stage 2 cams, and flashed with the Indian Stage 2 flash and you can't feel any difference in performance?

I would get a PV3 from Fuel Moto USA and a tune map from CragB1960, that will wake things up and fine tune the Stage 2 setup at the same time
I completely agree. The factory tunes for these upgrades are lack luster at best. I did the early version of the stage 2 cams when the first came out. The tune was horrible. Very skiddish and a lot of flat spots in the power curve. Remember the factory is handicapped by the EPA standards. A proper fuel map and ignition curve will make a very noticeable difference on your bike. I know when CraigB1960 did my tune it make a big difference in my bike. Worth every penny getting the tuner and Craig's help. Dean

Reactions: Kost

·
Silver member
4,648 Posts
I'm sure someone has already done stage 1 & 2.
I have had some experience with the stage 1 on the new 116, but I'm curious about what the stage 2 brings to the table.

Indian quotes a 17% increase in performance.

Personally I am not a rider that looks for loudness, although a lower tone than stock is nice. For me it wouldn't be worth it if it made the bike much louder or if I experienced a loss in MPG.

I haven't seen any reviews on this setup on the 2020 116 models.
I tuned one earlier this year when the kit came out. The owner thought it really woke up with the cam and tune, though he did not have many miles on the Stage 1 due to winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 116 big bore motor rode mine for 2500 miles and then did tab exhaust with 2.5 baffles , the indian stage 1 air breather. The closed unit not open breather. Also did stage 2 cams with injectors and plenum and had it flash. It is loader but not to load as my wife rides as well.
I did notice a pretty good amount of power gain.
I do know tab sells a tuner for 400.00 that will raise the rev limit and top speed as well as tune.
I am considering giving it a try.
But at a 145 lbs. There is plenty of power already there to me. But I want more speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts