Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha all, I’d like to start WarSquirrels journey through her mods and upgrades. I’ll just post everything done here. Hopefully more to come soon.

Front signal lights from radiantz.com black hood and smoke lens with amber lights.

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some PSR shorty anthem levers.

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work.

More to come soon sounds interesting . . .
My upgrades and mods are based on if the wife approves it. Lol. Hopefully she lets me buy that Indian Adaptive light. I do a lot of night riding. But $600 is going to take me a while to argue.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe you could get away with this one until you can spend the mind numbing $600 big ones for the Indian one

That is a great suggestion. I really want it in black though. I got my mind made up for the Indian branded one.

Someone will find the value in this. Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Great color choice on that!

I purchased my LED Headlight from Eagle Lights - couldn't be happier. Although they don't have any adaptive ones yet. I do a lot of night riding on the country backroads and I thought the OEM LED light was bright until I caught one of the Eagle Lights on sale. Huge difference.

I can't imagine paying $600 for a headlight. Isn't the JW Speaker headlight (which Indian "took") the same thing for cheaper?

What is the adjustable levers for? I don't think I've ever seen that.....

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your kind words!

The JW Speaker adaptives are around the same price last time I checked. I’m considering the Indian brand so I don’t have any issues with fitment, and if there is something wrong with it I can just go to my Indian dealer for the warranty.

The shorty adjustable levers were purchased because I’m used to using two fingers for clutch and brakes. The adjustability I usually leave it in the max position.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm mentally visualizing what I do now. I think sometimes I grab with the whole hand (minus the pinky finger because it's "dead" from nerve damage) and sometimes I just use two fingers. I've never seen adjustable levers before. You learn something every day. Pretty cool.

I'm trying to get my wife to 'grow up' off her Scout Bobber onto the same exact bike you have - she loved the color when she saw it online so I'm glad you posted pics so I could show it to her "in real life". I've not seen that color out in the wild or in a dealership as of yet. So thanks for posting it.

The shorty adjustable levers were purchased because I’m used to using two fingers for clutch and brakes. The adjustability I usually leave it in the max position.

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My pleasure. The balance on this bike is very well engineered. I had a 2020 Scout before the Springfield and the only thing I had to change was the sharp U turns due to the weight increase. It has a lot of power and if it wasn’t for the seat backing my ass would fall of the bike. I’m a very aggressive rider.

I guarantee she will love it. I fell in love with the color.

Reactions: Usafle

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm mentally visualizing what I do now. I think sometimes I grab with the whole hand (minus the pinky finger because it's "dead" from nerve damage) and sometimes I just use two fingers. I've never seen adjustable levers before. You learn something every day. Pretty cool.

I'm trying to get my wife to 'grow up' off her Scout Bobber onto the same exact bike you have - she loved the color when she saw it online so I'm glad you posted pics so I could show it to her "in real life". I've not seen that color out in the wild or in a dealership as of yet. So thanks for posting it.
Here’s a shot of the lever differences. Hopefully it helps with the visualizing.

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@bayardod thank you again for the radiatz recommendation. I love them!

Reactions: bayardod

·
Registered
365 Posts
nice mods. instead of the adaptive headlight you could add some foglights that will light up the sides of the road and is less expensive. and still upgrade your headlight in the process to something cheaper.

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Time for WarSquirrels first oil change. I went with Indian full synthetic 15W60. Took a short video to sound check the Stage 1 upgrade I did. K&N high flow air cleaner, power vision 3, and TAB BAM Zombie slip-on. I couldn’t go too crazy with the throttle because the neighbor sleeps in late because she works overnight. ☹

·
King of the nuts
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wife finally allowed me to get the Indian Adaptive lights and service manual. Installed it a few hours ago, and my dumb ass put everything together and after all screws were tightened, I went to test. It didn’t work. Turns out I DIDN’T PLUG IN THE LIGHT. Jesus Christ, I had to remove the nacelle again.

Is nacelle French for pain in the ass?

Pro tip: buy yourselves long Allen wrenches before you start this project.

Everything plugged and bolted right in. No cutting of the housing bucket like you need to for the other LED brands.

Here’s some pics.

Before

After

Daytime running lights

Low beam

High beam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts